Forums

Help › Forums

The Golf Club 2

Sat, Jul 1 2017 12:14 PM (71 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:36 PM

Good advice right there.

I'd also suggest waiting for some reviews / gameplay / steams to surface before buying.  All too often I've pre-purchased games only to be disappointed, and so don't do it anymore.

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 5:38 PM

kavvz:
    I'd also suggest waiting for some reviews / gameplay / steams to surface before buying.  All too often I've pre-purchased games only to be disappointed, and so don't do it anymore.

They are offering a pre-release special that is worth some $ that you'd have to spend should you buy later.  So the pre-release offer offsets the cost a bit.  That offer ends today as the game gets released tomorrow.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 5:50 PM

pmm711:

kavvz:

They are offering a pre-release special that is worth some $ that you'd have to spend should you buy later.  So the pre-release offer offsets the cost a bit.  That offer ends today as the game gets released tomorrow.

Yep I saw that also, which was why I looked into it further.  At this point I'm dead in the water unless I buy a gaming systes, as  I think a PC that will handle it would be more than a PS4 or XBOX1.  Oh well.  

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 5:54 PM

• Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power.
    • Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out amongst the crowd with an exclusive 24k solid gold driver.
    • Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends.
    • Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf. 
    • Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge.

This is what they're offering.  

Instant payout is likely diddly,  they can keep the gold driver, outfit and badge.

Wish there was more info. on the premier clubhouse -- what it gets ya... 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,533 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 7:08 PM

Very good advices I see here...

I tried to pre-order it, but it didn't work out from where I live. Besides, I lost my enthusiasm of doing so as ItsTooSweet got his Gold Driver first ahead of me. :'-(

I've got a PS4 so that's the platform I'm gonna try it on. The computers I have at home are somewhat out-dated now so I don't wanna take a chance with them.

BTW I'm really surprised that this thread is lasting this long! LOL

Good luck with the new game, guys.

Simon

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 8:43 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Very good advices I see here...

I tried to pre-order it, but it didn't work out from where I live. Besides, I lost my enthusiasm of doing so as ItsTooSweet got his Gold Driver first ahead of me. :'-(

I've got a PS4 so that's the platform I'm gonna try it on. The computers I have at home are somewhat out-dated now so I don't wanna take a chance with them.

BTW I'm really surprised that this thread is lasting this long! LOL

Good luck with the new game, guys.

Simon

Enjoy it Simon, and let people know how it works, looks and how well it plays

Jeff.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,533 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 9:19 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I will. :-)

Simon

• Young46
    1,295 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 11:02 PM

It comes out at Noon today on PC for US Players. Non-US have to wait until June 30th. It will probably take at least an hour (if not more) to install but I will be streaming the game as soon as it's finished. 

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 12:14 AM

Young46:

It comes out at Noon today on PC for US Players. Non-US have to wait until June 30th. It will probably take at least an hour (if not more) to install but I will be streaming the game as soon as it's finished. 

I'll be heading over to the driving/pitch/sand/and putting range to map out all my shots first lol (w/ the hardest/best clubs of course) ;).

On a side note, I'm not sure if you're going to be using mouse/keyboard or a controller.  If you're using a mouse and keyboard I've been doing some reading that 800 dpi with TGC2 default mouse sensitivity setting of 49 is best.  1200 dpi users should use 35.  1600 dpi use 30.  2000 dpi use 15-20.  If you use under 800 dpi you'll need to increase TGC2 sensitivity above 49 for sure.

And it goes w/out saying make sure you PC > Control Panel > Mouse > Mouse pointer setting is set at 6/11 for best 1:1 pixel ratio (which is the default) for DPI's in the 700 - 1600 range.  If you use some crazy 3600 dpi you'd probably lower Mouse Pointer setting to 1 and TGC2 settings to around 8.  People with very old mouses or DPI's around 400 may have a harder time hitting 100% power shots.

Thought I'd throw some of this out there since swing tempo is a huge part of the game and if you're using a mouse you need to make sure you have the right settings otherwise you'll be running into problems.  I'm going to experiment with slightly lower DPI (in the 500-600 range) and slightly up TGC2 sensitivity settings in hopes of gaining quite a bit of added control throughout all swing ranges (power%, etc).

cheers.  sean.

edit:  I've been watching people's stream TGC2 and so far it looks absolutely AMAZING.  90% of the feedback I've seen is overwhelmingly positive.  Looking forward to 9am PST to start my d/l.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:54 AM

RSS