Forums

Help › Forums

Any tips on playing US Open qualifier course?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 1 2017 1:01 PM (75 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 9:11 PM

3 eagles on the front 9 the 1st, and 2 others saved on my profile.  Missed the ding on a straight in putt for a 27, but settled for a 28 on the front b/c I can't putt. 

Off to the back and what do I do?  Like clockwork, make 1 birdie and par the rest.

Still can't putt, but yet overall I think I'm shooting pretty decent scores just can't get over that make more putts hump.

This game wants to torture me I think.  

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 10:02 PM

Assuming it's working (did I see something in the downtime thread???) load a starter ball.  Go to Beth stimp 13 practise green and over and over get that roll feel - 10 minutes over and over.  I think it plays real close to that without having actually tested.  After that spend some time first two holes of the qualifier to make sure comfortable with putting there (less down and more up)............I use 70% as a base guide - Go to Beth to understand that fully if do not or want to use that.  personally (L70 Versa) I would probably wish to use 50' max on my putter (e.g. not deeper than 50) to guarantee max balance (distance exact).......It takes 100' well enough but....

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 11:17 PM

Jimbog1964:
    I would probably wish to use 50' max on my putter (e.g. not deeper than 50) to guarantee max balance (distance exact).......It takes 100' well enough but....

I was going to ask if you are normally half-cut when you post on WGT - but then I went to your profile page.  Answer is obviously fully cut 100% of the time.

Love your GIF with Delboy and Trigger in the yuppie wine bar......

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 12:03 AM

DrussTheLegend:
    I was going to ask if you are normally half-cut when you post on WGT - but then I went to your profile page.  Answer is obviously fully cut 100% of the time.

Away from your sleuthing do you think 50' meter depth is bad advice?  Anything on balance?

Good Gif :)

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 1:19 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Away from your sleuthing do you think 50' meter depth is bad advice?  Anything on balance?

I would love to formulate a coherent response, but I haven't got the faintest effing clue what you are on about....like Axl says - It's all Greek to me...

And no need to explain yourself, Jimbo in da bog, I'm all good, I reckon I have snuck in with a 55 already (and if that ain't gudenuff - I don't give a flying eff at a rolling donut)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 3:23 AM

DrussTheLegend:
    I would love to formulate a coherent response, but I haven't got the faintest effing clue what you are on about....like Axl says - It's all Greek to me...

You could read a page or two back before you pipe up with your donuts:)  Thanks for your invaluable contribution to something aimed at helping someone else....Jeez as winston said the worst part about democracy is 5 minutes with  the general public.  You must have lived twice.

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 9:51 AM

-7 through 9. Taking a little break to dream about making the cut before I do my usual implosion on the back 9. Lol. Wish me luck!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 10:13 AM

kavvz:

3 eagles on the front 9 the 1st, and 2 others saved on my profile.  Missed the ding on a straight in putt for a 27, but settled for a 28 on the front b/c I can't putt. 

Off to the back and what do I do?  Like clockwork, make 1 birdie and par the rest.

Heh, how many 2" misses did you see?  -12 through 12 and here comes the parade. No less than 4 of them. Sure, I have to take responsibility but 4 of them? That's a  little rough on the keister.  LOL

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 10:24 AM

Wow! That's rough Jim! My round has me at -9 through 14. I won't make the cut but I can still set my best score.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 3:37 PM

YankeeJim:

kavvz:

Heh, how many 2" misses did you see?  -12 through 12 and here comes the parade. No less than 4 of them. Sure, I have to take responsibility but 4 of them? That's a  little rough on the keister.  LOL

Wait... you missed 4 putts that were 2" long, or you missed 4 putts by 2" ?  

If the former, then I might have lost my mind.  How does that happen?

If the latter, I know the feeling.  Soooo many lip outs too. 

RSS