Forums

Help › Forums

Game declined since topgolf

Mon, Jul 3 2017 4:15 AM (26 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 4:03 PM

pgatoursega:

. Wgt simply don't  care  to improve  this  game or make custom  avatars affordable  not 500,000 credit  ridiculous  how aren't  more players mad not bored of same old avatars  makes the  game boring 

WGT should try a simple experiment and put custom avatars on sale for a week at about 3,000 - 7,000 creds OR WHATEVER and if they are worried put: 'all sales final', 'as is'

then track how much is sold. Then move from there.

Why they don't may be because the custom avatars might suck and they might lose their mystique or whatever, there is no reason why they don't take advantage of this potential HUGE profit maker.

Icon, thoughts?  

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 4:36 PM

JFidanza:

WGT should try a simple experiment and put custom avatars on sale for a week at about 3,000 - 7,000 creds OR WHATEVER and if they are worried put: 'all sales final', 'as is'

You realise that a custom avatar is built from scratch to a player's specified design? For the avatar to be an affordable amount of credits, some poor programmer would have to bang out one of these every 15 minutes just to cover their own wages.

Might be a better idea to release the less attractive VT winners' avatars to the general population after a set amount of time (say a year). No extra design time needed, and if folks want to pay for a shirt in cheat-Hawaiian or trousers in headache-inducing pink, then good luck to them. 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 5:06 PM

fmagnets:

JFidanza:

You realise that a custom avatar is built from scratch to a player's specified design? For the avatar to be an affordable amount of credits, some poor programmer would have to bang out one of these every 15 minutes just to cover their own wages.

Ah Ha! Thank you. No, I didn't know. 

What I read is 'Design your own WGT virtual avatar, including customizing the outfit and hair.'

I thought it was a click-and-complete quick design and purchase on the spot, like the 99% of the other proshop stuff.

If a designer has to draw them up, forget it.

Maybe an idea is then create a setup where you choose from 20 shirts, 10 pants, 40 accessories, click-and-complete etc. Not so custom but if 'WINNING PUTT' can cash in why not WGT?  ;) 

http://www.dressupgames.com/golf-couple-dress-up-game

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2017 10:08 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I can tell WGT under TopGolf directives aims to be fugly & ridiculous. :-P

We're headed rapidly towards this...

I pray someone sees this is not what the majority wants.  The game is the most realistic simulation out there.  It needs to stay that way.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 2:44 PM

Erin hills instead of Oakmont ? what a joke...dont even come close.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 6:43 PM

JFidanza:

pgatoursega:

. Wgt simply don't  care  to improve  this  game or make custom  avatars affordable  not 500,000 credit  ridiculous  how aren't  more players mad not bored of same old avatars  makes the  game boring 

Not sure what the percentage of mobile players to pc-ers, but mobile cannot see custom avatars.  I would count all those players as lost revenue. There's a number of sales that we can't get on mobiles.

then track how much is sold. Then move from there.

Why they don't may be because the custom avatars might suck and they might lose their mystique or whatever, there is no reason why they don't take advantage of this potential HUGE profit maker.

Icon, thoughts?  

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 4:15 AM

this game has gone down hill fast. wgt is self distructing.

RSS