Forums

Help › Forums

Game declined since topgolf

Mon, Jul 3 2017 4:15 AM (26 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 7:20 AM

srellim234:
    . I think the acquisition was a lot more about bringing WGT's technology to the driving ranges and buying the patents.

Yup, this is what it was all about.

You're also right about that press release, there is nothing in it to allay the fears of us browser players.

• VamboRools
    260 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 8:02 AM

11BC2:
    I'm not thrilled about Erin Hills though.  Courses I'd love to see removed and replaced would be St. Andrews (ugly), Chambers Bay (ugly), and Royal St. Georges (ugliest of them all).

Ugly ?  Ugly ??  Ugly ???    How very dare you.   You're a cad, sir.

Links courses (especially British ones) are the purest form of golf.   You have to find and caress all the bumps and curves of the fairways, and there's more scope for a variety of different shots.  They are totally different from the likes of Bethpage and Congressional where it's always the same shots ... a case of wham bam thank you m'am.

Links golf is much more fun to play

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 9:04 AM

VamboRools:

LOL. He does have a point although removing them is a bit of a stretch. Links golf is definitely different but personally, I'd rather have trees, doglegs and water provide the challenge as opposed to humps and bumps where luck plays a bigger part on the rolls.

The course is really boring visually, IMO. Compare it to what we just lost.  :-(

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 11:22 AM

VamboRools:

11BC2:
    I'm not thrilled about Erin Hills though.  Courses I'd love to see removed and replaced would be St. Andrews (ugly), Chambers Bay (ugly), and Royal St. Georges (ugliest of them all).

Links courses (especially British ones) are the purest form of golf.   You have to find and caress all the bumps and curves of the fairways, and there's more scope for a variety of different shots.  They are totally different from the likes of Bethpage and Congressional where it's always the same shots ... a case of wham bam thank you m'am.

Links golf is much more fun to play

Agree 100%.

Most of the other courses here have you playing darts to the greens and the fairways ensure a nice straight roll out.  Give me the undulations of RSG and St. Andrews with their proper high winds every time.

I love Bethpage but for me the 2 UK courses are something special.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 2:10 PM

At the top level almost every course is throwing darts.  Take a look at any Open Ready Go's for RSG or St. Andies.  For 9 holes at RSG you'll see 26/27 all day long on the leader board and perhaps 1 stroke higher for St Andrew depending on the 9 (higher Par).

Give us new courses which are "glitch free" and have some aesthetic beauty (not some bum dull shades of green w/ zero tree's that lull you to sleep).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 3:50 PM

Meh, ain't on WGT. I'm trying to understand why the USGA thinks this is the kind of course people want to see the best play on. What makes it so special, especially after CBay?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:17 PM

YankeeJim:

Meh, ain't on WGT. I'm trying to understand why the USGA thinks this is the kind of course people want to see the best play on. What makes it so special, especially after CBay?

CBay and bandon are joke courses who would in their right mind would play them

chambers is ok but bandon par 3,s wgt are having a laugh

that course gives no-one any reason to play it

dont help aves , it just wears balls out

• pgatoursega
    67 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 1:27 PM

I agree with Lonnie  wgt don't  care about are ideas or requests they add 1 avatar every 2 years a day it always is a thoughtless uncreative  design. Was to,do wgt be adding custom avatar  to mobile  2 years ago stil, hasn't  been done  like the Hawaiian  avatar on update  poster recently  is nice  but they won't add it to shop I asked to send me one  fmagnets.  got one but won't sell me one why no clue. Wgt simply don't  care  to improve  this  game or make custom  avatars affordable  not 500,000 credit  ridiculous  how aren't  more players mad not bored of same old avatars  makes the  game boring  Frankel and lonni Scott  are only 2 I see write about this wgt ripoff creations they do not  care. Members@wgt.com won't even answer me lately any emails  I send 3 weeks no reply I mean wtf.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 2:05 PM

That ^^^^^ is hard to read!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 3:12 PM

ZioMio:
    That ^^^^^ is hard to read!

That's probably why he doesn't get any response from WGT, they're all off taking headache tablets after reading.

RSS