Help › Forums

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD....

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 10 2011 1:46 PM (114 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 10:36 PM

bfghd:

Just watched Obama speak, and he actually said God bless the USA.  That''s the first time I've heard him say God bless anybody.

Also said "under God" in the portion with the pledge of allegiance 

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 10:42 PM

I hear you Tiff, however the world shall not be held to ransom by  the "imbecile posse".

God bless all those that have died for our freedom.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 11:49 PM
    All over 1 person according to web site I looked at.

Cost of War in Iraq
    $788,014,663,432

Cost of War in afg
    $400,014,698,317

Casualties in Iraq:

Iraqi troops killed  [13] 30,000
    Iraqi troops seriously injured  [14] 90,000
    Iraqi civilians killed  [15] 864,531
    Iraqi civilians seriously injured  [16] 1,556,156
    U.S. troops killed  [17] 4,414
    U.S. troops seriously injured  [18] 31,882
    Other coalition troops killed  [19] 318
    Other coalition troops seriously injured  [20] 2,296
    Contractors killed  [21] 933
    Contractors seriously injured  [22] 10,569
    Journalists killed  [23] 142
    Journalists seriously injured  [24] unknown
    Total killed in Iraq 900,338
    Total injured in Iraq 1,690,903

Casualties in Afghanistan:

Afghan troops killed  [1] 8,587
    Afghan troops seriously injured  [2] 25,761
    Afghan civilians killed  [3] 8,813
    Afghan civilians seriously injured  [4] 15,863
    U.S. troops killed  [5] 1,140
    U.S. troops seriously injured  [6] 3,420
    Other coalition troops killed  [7] 772
    Other coalition troops seriously injured  [8] 2,316
    Contractors killed  [9] 298
    Contractors seriously injured  [10] 2,428
    Journalists killed  [11] 19
    Journalists seriously injured  [12] unknown
    Total killed in Afghanistan 19,629
    Total injured in Afghanistan 48,644
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 2:24 AM

Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq had nothing to do with Bin Laden. 

Oil & Gas is all it comes down to.

We were told nothing but lies....Bin Laden was blamed for being behind 911 and had always denied ever having anything to do with it. Even the FBI admit that they have no evidence linking Bin Laden to 911 which was the catalyst to our troops going into Afghanistan & Iraq.

Don't people ask themselves why if 19 of the hijackers were Saudis.....then how come nothing was ever followed up in Saudi?....or did the top brass already know that these 19 Saudi passports were forged......even more so now that 11 of the hijackers turn out to still be alive apparently....(go google it)

The CIA funded and trained Bin Laden & his merry band of ragheads from the beginning back in the 80's to fight the Russians in Afghanistan....because the US didn't want the Russians getting their hands on the natural resources first.

It's all fair and well saying Bin Laden's dead....but Bin Laden was only a CIA asset & US puppet....that Clinton had cornered when he was in office long before 911 but ordered the US Forces to let him go..

Some new CIA trained terrorist spook will just be wheeled out to replace Bin Laden.

Oil & gas.......is all it's been about.

No surprise we're trying to get our hands on Libya's resources now eh?

FBI Most Wanted

topten <-------No mention of 911 attacks.

The only folks I blame for all our troops & the civilians killed in Iraq & Afghanistan are the politicians who decided to go and invade those countries illegally.

Our governments had no proof or evidence linking Osama BL to 911....so should never have gone into Iraq or Afghanistan.....period.

The one thing I'm certain of is this.....I believe the Israeli secret intelligence played a vital part in the 911 attacks.

Folks don't seem to want to get to the bottom of it all and are quite happy to believe Bin Laden ( the Bogeyman) was to blame ...so be it....nothing can bring back the dead and may they rest in peace.

tbe

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 3:39 AM

suncity28:

All over 1 person according to web site I looked at.
    Cost of War in Iraq
    $788,014,663,432
    Cost of War in afg
    $400,014,698,317

Casualties in Iraq:

Casualties in Afghanistan:

Afghan troops killed  [1] 8,587
    Afghan troops seriously injured  [2] 25,761
    Afghan civilians killed  [3] 8,813
    Afghan civilians seriously injured  [4] 15,863
    U.S. troops killed  [5] 1,140
    U.S. troops seriously injured  [6] 3,420
    Other coalition troops killed  [7] 772
    Other coalition troops seriously injured  [8] 2,316
    Contractors killed  [9] 298
    Contractors seriously injured  [10] 2,428
    Journalists killed  [11] 19
    Journalists seriously injured  [12] unknown
    Total killed in Afghanistan 19,629
    Total injured in Afghanistan 48,644

Excellent summary of this never ending war on terrorism.Almost 900,000 people killed  in retaliation for 3000 americans killed in 9/11 attacks on september 2001.

I am extremely happy that Osama bin Laden fellow is dead finally.Lets hope that american got their man this time.Not Like the previous episode in Tora bora,afghanistan in Dec 2001 when Osama Bin Laden was supposed to be dead.Then we heard that no he is alive and miraculously escaped,on a mule!! All that against the supposedly most technologically superior forces in history.

Hopefully americans are satisfied now that they got their man.Its about time that they leave iraq and afghanistan.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 5:31 AM

sallu4u:
    Hopefully americans are satisfied now that they got their man.Its about time that they leave iraq and afghanistan.

Yes, this would be nice. Then maybe we could get our economy back and focus on ourselves instead of being a caretaker for every ungrateful beggar country in the world. Fix it yourselves.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 5:38 AM

I agree that the troops of all nations should leave Iraq and Afghanistan. I am unconvinced as to how Afghanistan's problems can be resolved in the long term though.

Unfortunately the Americans and British in the main, have created an impossible situation within Afghanistan. They are not wanted there, the Afghan people want them out despite the troops building them schools etc. Civilians are caught between a rock and a hard place. They die as a result of errors from the troops and also getting caught in the crossfire. They are also killed by the Taliban if seen to collaborate, as well as being victims of suicide bombers aimed at the forces and Afghani security forces.

It's a no win position, the Taliban will not be defeated. The distrust and hatred towards the West will not subside. These people have no fear of death despite being out gunned and having vastly inferior numbers. They will continue to attack conventionally and by subversive means. All this means the deaths and maiming of our troops will continue and I for one feel it is too great a sacrifice for the consequences.

If the troops leave the country will revert to type, a lawless bandit country where warlords rule the various regions. Many of the weak and elderly will be oppressed, nothing will have changed. It smacks of hypocrisy to speak of regime change elsewhere in the world, only to then leave Afghanistan exactly where it was previously. 

It's a hard position for the US and the UK governments to put their hands up and admit they underestimated how difficult a war it is to win. A war most now consider unwinnable. They have made an @ss of it despite all history in that region pointing to that very conclusion. Politicians make war, only for young men and women to fight them and die. Time for those in power to take one on the chin and get our forces out.

As to the ongoing threat to our security, the reason commonly offered up as to why the troops remain. Nobody can convince me that the money saved by withdrawal, if put towards intelligence, would keep the risk of attack to a minimum.

If you get a chance to see this film, I can highly recommend it. A truer depiction of the situation in the country from the position of the troops and Afghanis, you will not see.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 8:05 AM

sallu4u:

suncity28:

Casualties in Iraq:

Excellent summary of this never ending war on terrorism.Almost 900,000 people killed  in retaliation for 3000 americans killed in 9/11 attacks on september 2001.

I am extremely happy that Osama bin Laden fellow is dead finally.Lets hope that american got their man this time.Not Like the previous episode in Tora bora,afghanistan in Dec 2001 when Osama Bin Laden was supposed to be dead.Then we heard that no he is alive and miraculously escaped,on a mule!! All that against the supposedly most technologically superior forces in history.

Right, So we get numbers from a couple of fringe bloggers, that admit to making them up and that's excellent???

I think we all can agree that any civilian death is a tragedy, but the Iraqi Civilian figures are way outside what most credible sources "estimate".   No wonder we can't get along, everyone just lives in their own little made up world of half truth's and lies.

YankeeJim:
    Yes, this would be nice. Then maybe we could get our economy back and focus on ourselves instead of being a caretaker for every ungrateful beggar country in the world. Fix it yourselves.

Agreed...

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 8:29 AM

YankeeJim:

sallu4u:

Yeah if you could do just that,focus on your problems and half of world problems will be solved.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.We are in debt, yes and pay interest for that too.By the way,checked your debts recently? Do that and  you will know why your country has this sudden interest in "caretaking". 

Talking about caretaking, Pentagon officials have found $1 trillion worth of mineral reserves in afghanistan recently.Guess "considerate" americans are doing more than killing the local population there and wont leave us "ungrateful" people alone for a few more decades too :).

Come to think of it, there are an estimated $100 billion reserves of copper and gold found in Reko Diq, pakistan also.Help yourself to some more "caretaking" in years to come after afghanistan or run the show simultaneously lol.

Bottom line as always might is always right,so happy hunting.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2011 8:40 AM

sallu4u:
    By the way,checked your debts recently?

Yes, as a matter of fact. We pay 40 cents on the dollar for borrowed money to turn around and shovel all over the world. 

How much of the wasted billions in your sorry part of the world are we getting back in minerals and oil? I would so love for the ungrateful wretches that control your precious resources to pay back those billions in trade. Then you might have a case. Or maybe you could develop them yourself, sell them and build your own defenses. And I'm not talking about some sneaky, hide in the middle of civilians cowards- a real defense system.

You typify exactly what POs Americans. At least my ignorant self, anyway.

RSS