Losing forgiveness? Please: I need good advices

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 27 2017 6:45 AM (44 replies)
  • MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 6:50 PM

jayw4862:

MrFunnyWobbl:
    I still use your putting method from that video with the aim points that relate to the putting box. Helped my putting a ton, not that it doesn't still need work. 

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that video. I think I was just going through the different putting techniques phase at the time. 

If your putting still needs some work, try this technique:

(PS..Icon claims it doesn't work, but he's just mad because I won't tell him the secret distance formula)

Putting 

I knew you were going to link me too that! I still laughed though. 

If you don't mind me asking Jay (not to derail the thread though) why the low level cally balls? So little spin?

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 6:52 PM

gsoup:

now if I could figure out that extra foot thats been messing me up for a year

That must be killing your balance, I could see why the putts would be so hard. 

Maybe talk to your doctor. Probably should have when you first realized you had an extra foot. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:49 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    If you don't mind me asking Jay (not to derail the thread though) why the low level cally balls? So little spin?

For me, it's just the right combination. Even the 33 Cally with the added spin is too much for me. The 34 and 35 are more controllable for me when using full backspin. I've used the Nike 61's quite a bit (closest ball to what I have) and it's a few yards longer (3-5) off the tee, but shorter on approaches when using same amt of spin I'd use on the Cally 34. That added spin takes distance away. I can use them, but I have to keep in mind that whatever spin I would use with the Cally, I must come up a pixel using the Nike to get same results.

Basically, I've got them mapped out really good for all shots and all spin.

Chambers Bay is a little tough using the Cally. 

I doubt they'd do much good with lower level irons, though. From the R11's thru what I have now, they're perfect for me. 

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 5:32 AM

jayw4862:

For me, it's just the right combination. Even the 33 Cally with the added spin is too much for me. The 34 and 35 are more controllable for me when using full backspin. I've used the Nike 61's quite a bit (closest ball to what have) and it's a few yards longer (3-5) off the tee, but shorter on approaches when using same amt of spin I'd use on the Cally 34. That added spin takes distance away. I can use them, but I have to keep in mind that whatever spin I would use with the Cally, I must come up a pixel using the Nike to get same results.

My thoughts pretty much minus the mapping part. Another ones I quite like are the free VT balls.

Chambers might be a bit better with the lower spin balls if they didn't have everything stopping dead on the fairways. Have to switch to Nike Blacks for it (lesser of the L70+ evils)

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 6:45 AM

jayw4862:

MrFunnyWobbl:

For me, it's just the right combination. Even the 33 Cally with the added spin is too much for me. The 34 and 35 are more controllable for me when using full backspin. I've used the Nike 61's quite a bit (closest ball to what have) and it's a few yards longer (3-5) off the tee, but shorter on approaches when using same amt of spin I'd use on the Cally 34. That added spin takes distance away. I can use them, but I have to keep in mind that whatever spin I would use with the Cally, I must come up a pixel using the Nike to get same results.

I doubt they'd do much good with lower level irons, though. From the R11's thru what I have now, they're perfect for me. 

Interesting. Chamber's has always seemed super tough too me. I don't see how there are enough birdie holes there to shoot sub 60. 

RSS