4,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 8:54 AM

Kenher01:
    year 2525 If man Is still alive....Cue the music

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 9:19 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Add in a break where exact weighting is important and this is where balance comes in, and this is especially so when you start using deeper meters

Great point, this gets overlooked by many. Using longer scales shortens the backswing dramatically making it easier to ding and that balance plays well.  With a 15  30  60  100  150  300 putter, I use the 60 and 100 scales quite a bit. The only drawback is a slight miss is exaggerated if you're a ding putter.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 9:27 AM

YankeeJim:
    Balance is what keeps a putt from wandering off the line.

True, in real life. Not here.

These are virtual putters. 

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 9:48 AM

Thank you Maestro (ZioMio)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 11:18 AM

jayw4862:

True, in real life. Not here.

These are virtual putters

Sure is true here. If you don't believe it, take the starter putter and compare it to your putter. I watched a regular AS partner miss putt after putt with his starter putter and they missed because the ball would roll off line as it neared the hole in spite of the speed being right.. He felt like you.

It got to the point where I gifted him a 55 Rossa and the impact was immediate-no more rolling off line.  Believe what you will but balance makes a huge difference here in a putter.

Incidentally, how would you know? You're using a level 30 putter with 3.0 balance. Look at the top putters.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 12:43 PM

YankeeJim:
    You're using a level 30 putter with 3.0 balance.

And I have the top putter..it's a waste of credits. They don't do anything to help me. 

My Level 30 putter with a paltry 3.0 balance works just fine.

Incidentally, how is it that you seem qualified to answer any question regarding putting (or putters..virtual) when your one-putt % (after 8 years, I might add) is a very poor 49%?

That 1st post I made is from the person I consider one of, if not the, best putters on WGT.

I had asked a question about forgiveness and intentional miss-ding putting. I didn't want extra forgiveness putting my miss-ding back on the correct line.

That was the answer I received. I copy/pasted it. I'll take his advice over anyone on this site, any day. 

To prove my point...I will play you, and I will use the starter putter. And I will win.

This isn't even close to realistic in the putting (and UEL) categories. Hell...it's not even close to realistic in any aspect of real golf. It's a great simulated attempt at real golf, and fun, but that's it.

It's more balance, precision, weight, grip, stance, knowledge, feel and luck, in real life putting. It's more of what you know and execution here. 

The 2 don't compare at all. You know they don't. In real life, we'd have 10% or less 1 putt %'s, if we hit greens as we should and didn't pitch/chip/flop from the fringes or just off the greens and get it close enough to 1 putt.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 12:53 PM

jayw4862:
    Incidentally, how is it that you seem qualified to answer any question regarding putting (or putters..virtual) when your one-putt % (after 8 years, I might add) is a very poor 49%?

Give me the equipment that was available to you 4 years ago when you joined that was light years ahead of the quality 8 years ago. Take those 4 years out of the equation and that 1.31 doesn't look so hot.

I have studied the putting process from the get go just as I have with every other club I profess to know anything about. No graphs, charts, putting aids, nothing but feel. There is absolutely no question balance makes a difference. Then again, this is pointless to a gamer.

jayw4862:
    To prove my point...I will play you, and I will use the starter putter. And I will win.

LMAO. I can lose anywhere to anybody. I can also beat them ,too. :-)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 1:12 PM

YankeeJim:
    jayw4862:

Who's takin' the action LoL ;-)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 1:22 PM

YankeeJim:
    Give me the equipment that was available to you 4 years ago

It was available to you, too. And, on top of that, you had a 4 year head start on me, which translates to ????

I've only used 2 putters (besides the starter, and the 4 I bought, used once and chunked) in my almost 4 years here (the 35 Ghost and The 3.0 cheapie I use now).

YankeeJim:
    to a gamer.

I can proudly say I'm not a gamer. 

The only games I've played on a PC or tablet are WGT, that "other" golf game, WGT Baseball, and Candy Crush. 

Never owned a gaming system, an xbox or sega or whatever they are.

I mean no disrespect, but I can find 10, 20, 30 or more folks who were around 7-8 years ago, and didn't have the equipment available to them at the time, yet they excel at this game...big time...and they have superb putting skills ;-)

YankeeJim:
    I have studied the putting process from the get go

Studying and understanding are two different things. Maybe you need a tutor? 

Anyway, I'm done. The OP asked a question about forgiveness, and now the thread is, like almost every thread in these forums, derailed. 

• dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 4:35 PM

jayw4862:
    your one-putt % (after 8 years, I might add) is a very poor 49%?

That's a good average bluejay.

I got two words for you....  boobs

RSS