Forums

Help › Forums

Comments on the new Cally clubs

Fri, Apr 28 2017 8:35 AM (25 replies)
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:13 PM

Update: Just switched back to the Vapors. Glad I didn't sell them.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:25 PM

You seem happy, cool!  But that person who slam dunked my statements, which were just the facts, won't be too happy to hear that you switched.  Course I didn't put too much stock in what he said, due to the fact that he wrote his comments on the 18th, and had no ranked scoring history for the 17th.   Creditability shot in the ground.  I guess he wouldn't have had any problems with the irons if he didn't play,,,,,lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:12 PM

mystry78:

Update: Just switched back to the Vapors. Glad I didn't sell them.

What caused this?

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 4:53 PM
    Hi Jim, First let me get this out of the way- Go Yankees! I have had some good success with the Cally's winning several Kiawah RG's in the last month. But on other courses it's been a mixed bag. Example: The 2 par 5's on Pebble front 9. Using the same math (and as we all know "math don't lie") I was coming up way short on the approaches. This morning using the Vapors I had kick-ins for eagle although not much else went right:) I will definitely give them another try at some point. Frank
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:54 AM

mystry78:
    First let me get this out of the way- Go Yankees!

LOL. Here come da Judge! 2 run tater in Boston was enough last night. ;-)

Thanks for the answer, I was just curious.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 7:07 AM

I can't wait to see him hit one to left completely out of the stadium:)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 12:50 PM

Nothing off with the Callaway L97 irons from my experience with them so far.  Not saying the OP is not having issues, just chiming in to say they seem fine on my end.

Haven't seen anything to say anyone should drop the Nikes for the Callaway's either, I just find some extra enjoyment playing the same irons I would (now do) in real life.  :)

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:42 PM

Hello Mate, For the record both Woodo and I were commenting on the L100 Cally Apex in comparison to the Vapors.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 5:12 PM

mystry78:

Hello Mate, For the record both Woodo and I were commenting on the L100 Cally Apex in comparison to the Vapors.

Haha. He's trying to figure out how to slide that purchase by the wife.  :-D

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 5:57 PM

In my opinion the Apex clubs are great, for a while they were crazy, but sliding the purchase by the wife , I have no comment. Lucky me and my wife have our own credit cards, so all my purchases are wife eyes free......lol

RSS