Forums

Help › Forums

Comments on the new Cally clubs

Fri, Apr 28 2017 8:35 AM (25 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 4:29 AM

Hi everyone was just wanting to get some feed back on the new Cally clubs. The Fussion 3w L99 and the Apex L100 irons. 

I have both and so far been very very disappointed in their performance. They have the same specs as the Nikes did, and IMO Cally makes a better club so you would think the results would be way better than the Nikes. Well that is not the case they are all over the place, and so inconsistent.. I have tried these clubs with 3 different balls  Nike 90 B, Nike 94P, and the Nike 61, getting the same results short ,long ,short long.

So was just wanting some feed back from others that may have these clubs to see if they are getting the same craziness I am.

The 3w is the worse, you dont know what that  thing is going to do.......lol

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 4:59 AM

Perhaps they perform better with their sole mates; Cally balls?  Have not tried them and won't until I can do it without paying. Hard to get me to spend money to try something new that on paper seems no better than what I now have. And with your thoughts in mind, I certainly won't spend on these new clubs. Thank you so much for helping me keep my money clip in my pocket!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 7:19 AM

Woodoworkery:
     So was just wanting some feed back from others that may have these clubs to see if they are getting the same craziness I am.

WGT simply replaced the Nike Vapors with these, making them "better" by way of a tiny change in meter speed. Did you really think they were going to actually be better with the same specs?

They're there to give the players that couldn't get to the Vapors something else as good to shoot for. They couldn't very well drop the top performing clubs and have  nothing to replace them with.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 7:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    Did you really think they were going to actually be better with the same specs?

Yes Jim, I did. I looked at it as if buying a power saw or router. Which is better a Black &Decker or a Porter Cable?

I was using the same logic in the golf clubs Callaway is superior to NIke as far as a study goes.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 7:42 AM

Woodoworkery:
    so far been very very disappointed in their performance

Can't tell by your scores Gary ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 8:54 AM

Woodoworkery:
    Which is better a Black &Decker or a Porter Cable?

Given that B  & D is also DeWalt, I'd say in the hands of an expert, there's no difference. Kinda like the Callaways and Nikes.

• groundsage
    184 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 3:15 AM

Woodoworkery:

Hi everyone was just wanting to get some feed back on the new Cally clubs. The Fussion 3w L99 and the Apex L100 irons. 

I have both and so far been very very disappointed in their performance. They have the same specs as the Nikes did, and IMO Cally makes a better club so you would think the results would be way better than the Nikes. Well that is not the case they are all over the place, and so inconsistent.. I have tried these clubs with 3 different balls  Nike 90 B, Nike 94P, and the Nike 61, getting the same results short ,long ,short long.

The 3w is the worse, you dont know what that  thing is going to do.......lol

yep...finding same results.  i'm using cally 53 for long time, sometimes a nike 71, depending on course.  frankly im so disapointed in Apex results, and so full of regret for selling my vapors... going on a month now, have recently lost motivation to play.  The wind doesn't carry the ball even half as far as with the Vapor 100's.  I play a lot of practice games and will hit the same shot many times, many different ways.  I don't recall this ever happening with the Nike L100.  With the Apex I find myself almost always between clubs and waste a lot of strokes in practice trying to figure out which club, and how to get the ball to the target.  Nothing I used to do is effective with these Apex clubs, it is a complete starting all over again-- not looking forward to time spent again remapping all my shots.  Regretfully I bought the hype that the Apex were same club as Nike 100's with slower meter. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 4:37 AM

Not sure it's the clubs, my Nikes, this week end has done the same thing!  I had a 113 yd shot with a head wind of 4 to 6 mph, hit a full 115, and John Daly would have been proud,  127 yds, on the fly.  A few holes later, tail wind of 10 to 12,  127 yds, hit my 9 at 95% which should have given me 124, and was 12 yds short.  Just figured it was week end programming. Always seems to be completely different than week days. 

• groundsage
    184 Posts
    Tue, Apr 18 2017 9:24 PM

Not sure it's the clubs, my Nikes, this week end has done the same thing!  I had a 113 yd shot with a head wind of 4 to 6 mph, hit a full 115, and John Daly would have been proud,  127 yds, on the fly.  A few holes later, tail wind of 10 to 12,  127 yds, hit my 9 at 95% which should have given me 124, and was 12 yds short.  Just figured it was week end programming. Always seems to be completely different than week days. 

[/quote]

thanks for that report, LS5,  It answers a previous theory I had developed in that somebody at wgt wakes up each day and turns a global difficulty dial up or down, explaining how it is that some days everyone I play with including me has a day of nothing but easy shots, and other days every shot requires high decision-making over shots with greater complexity.  If that theory were true, they could easily program a dial that globally affects the result of ball distance,

As for the Apex clubs, they worked great yesterday, the ball reaching its usually anticipated distance and landing yesterday throughout ranked games that I played.  I did not paly any practice games yesterday to compare results of previous practice, but I will today.[quote user="Luckystar5"]

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 6:38 PM

Woodo- I made the switch from Vapors to Apex a few weeks ago. They are a bit quirky with  the 4I giving me the most issues. A few of the irons appear to be slightly longer than the Vapors. I am hitting more dings with the slightly slower meter. Hanging on to the Vapors for now just in case:) I also switched to the Fusion 3 wood and really don't see much difference from the Nike I was playing. Frank

RSS