Forums

Help › Forums

Can't Afford Clubs :(

Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:00 PM (68 replies)
  • alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:32 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Actually you get just as many xp's whether a cc pass is used or not. The cc only gets the points if a pass is used .

+1

HackWilson1930:
    Once a cc has the unlimited putter pal and shot pal there is no need to worry about giving xp's to a cc since the additional "benefits" are virtually useless.

I beg to differ. Small CCs may need to level up in order to get the member capacity they need, and some owners may wish a few directors, too.

I'd modify your statement to "no need to buy CC passes" to support the CC. Plus, no need for XPs after L11.

• TedFichialos
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:58 AM

Thank you all for your great advice. I look forward to using it to bring down my scores.

Ted

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 1:42 PM

Back to obtaining credits through the video's and surveys, I tried that several times and got repeatedly turned down. It seems they don't believe a person my age should be playing an online game. My age by the way, is 79 and I've been playing on line for many years. Even had an X-Box a good number of years until I got frustrated competing with a computer that only allows a certain % of success. 

You see, when I was a kid we didn't have this sort of thing. In fact we didn't even have a TV until I was in high school. I could throw in a few, we were so poor lines but that's been very well covered. LOL

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 6:04 AM

I think it should be noted that a generous member named ct690911 gifted me a wedge that was missing from my equipment. I did not seek any equipment with my post, but it just goes to show how nice the members are here.

Thanks again, friend.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 11:08 AM

I agree 100% P. It's just a pity he is being treated as a pariah by the powers that be. C'mon Icon, surely Colin's paid his dues by now?

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 11:48 AM

PhilEStein:

I agree 100% P. It's just a pity he is being treated as a pariah by the powers that be. C'mon Icon, surely Colin's paid his dues by now?

All: Thank you for the support. As far as my being "treated as a pariah", this situation is of my own doing to a degree. Icon warned me to ignore the 2 x haters and I tried my best; but when it is continual, I tend to fire back (must be the soldier in me). I spoke to CS and the ruling is I'm to remain moderated. One could argue that a punishment should fit the crime...but, as alosso says, hope is futile.

Tom; You are most welcome for the wedge. The simple fact you don't beg free handouts, like some on here, is why I gifted it.  Enjoy.

ct

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 11:51 AM

PhilEStein:

I agree.  Moderation can also cause a lot of misunderstanding when someone apparently replies to something that has long been settled.

Give the guy a break, he really has earned it.

2,111 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 12:48 PM

I've know Colin for a long time and I agree, he's a first rate, stand-up guy! I too have been placed on moderation obsensively due to spaming the forum as some may recall, over my call for a boycott, over the cc vs. cc prize feasco last Christmas!!!  lol

Phil

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 3:34 PM

MainzMan:

I agree.  Moderation can also cause a lot of misunderstanding when someone apparently replies to something that has long been settled.

Give the guy a break, he really has earned it.

+1.....and I am sure he will word things better in the future :))

• gatorbilly
    608 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 4:16 PM

funny ,fun thread here..cant take it too seriously. thanks for the laughs (guffaws) guys...hit em straight

RSS