Forums

Help › Forums

Can't Afford Clubs :(

Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:00 PM (68 replies)
  • TedFichialos
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 7:38 AM

Good morning,

Hack thank you for the good advice. I know it was for Gretzky17 but it was very helpful for me. I am a very new 62 year old player that has only dabbled playing real golf but have become obsessed with this game like so many others from what I have read in the forms. I do have one question, I thought I read or saw something where you can do something to slow down the power bar is that true and if it is how can I do that. I'm slow on my eye hand coordination lol and my game might improve if I could just get consistent with the power bar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ted Fichialos

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:31 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Craig: I started reading this thread and found some humor in a few of the postings, but yours brought out the only chuckle of the whole lot.

I kinda liked the one about bein' so poor, they hung out at Kentucky Fried to lick other peoples ' fingers.

Doc :)

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:39 AM

Ted: the little lightening bolt over the ding line can be used to slow the meter. Just remember that it is a one time deal and costs 30 credits. To me that is price gouging at the highest level. My thought would be to make it the value of one video or 1 or 2 credits.Working with the free white rock is like weight training. When you switch to a slower ball, the meter just seems to be in slow motion.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:57 AM

TedFichialos:

Good morning,

Hack thank you for the good advice. I know it was for Gretzky17 but it was very helpful for me. I am a very new 62 year old player that has only dabbled playing real golf but have become obsessed with this game like so many others from what I have read in the forms. I do have one question, I thought I read or saw something where you can do something to slow down the power bar is that true and if it is how can I do that. I'm slow on my eye hand coordination lol and my game might improve if I could just get consistent with the power bar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ted Fichialos

Part of the reason players upgrade their clubs and balls is to slow the meter down. For example; the free balls have no impact on the meter, and it can be quick. Higher quality balls have a meter speed component (select "learn more")...the more dots shown, the slower the meter will be.

ct

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 11:37 AM

twinponds169:

Gretzky17:
    So I have been playing this game for years and sadly I'm just in high school now and come from a poor family

WOW dude......you are so friggin poor

If your father didn't cut holes in your pockets at Christmas, you wouldn't have anything to play with. Speaking of your parents, heck, they only married for the rice. I see your family every Sunday heading down to the KFC to lick other peoples fingers. Don't it get old every morning jacking off your dog just to feed your cat? I saw your mom walking down the street with one shoe, I said, "Hey, you lost a shoe." she said, "No, I found one".

I mean, you got it so bad dude, ya had to steal the neighbors internet just to post this. Kids in Africa are sending YOU 50 cents a day. You are so pathetic that even this reality check will bounce.

Oh my giddy aunt, I believe this is the post of the year so far.  Early days of course but this will take some beating.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 12:15 PM

Yep, got to admit that was pretty special from 2Puddles.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 1:58 PM

Hi Ted and welcome to the game.

Firstly I hope you continue to enjoy the game and do the credit offers to build up your credits.....but wait until you have built up a good amount to get good clubs that will last.

In the meantime experiment with the different shot types and you will level up quickly (thus better equipment becomes available - buy too soon and you will need to upgrade again quickly) - and ask the forum for advice.

Slower meter can be done by buying slower meter ball and clubs......but whilst it can be difficult at time to hit the ding, the more you are used to the fast meter, the better off you will be when you upgrade as they will be slower. Also balls wear out pretty quickly, so unless you can earn a lot of credits or can afford to spend money......I would wait.

But as I said set you goal as fun........then accrue those credits for a full upgrade.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 2:25 PM

Ted remember also that the higher number the slower the meter.

Sorry if you knew that already but some have asked that question before.

Most who use WGT balls try to get one with higher spin number, but you will be better using any with higher meter number.

Spin is good, but if you use full backspin on a WGT ball and it does not stop dead but in fact grips and rolls 4 yards or so then fine.........knowing that happens can help you with approaches. Just land it and let it roll to cup........or in it if lucky ;-)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:09 PM

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:13 AM

Actually you get just as many xp's whether a cc pass is used or not. The cc only gets the points if a pass is used .Once a cc has the unlimited putter pal and shot pal there is no need to worry about giving xp's to a cc since the additional "benefits" are virtually useless.

RSS