Forums

Help › Forums

Can't Afford Clubs :(

Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:00 PM (68 replies)
  • Gretzky17
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 8:40 AM

Hey WGT!

So I have been playing this game for years and sadly I'm just in high school now and come from a poor family -- my laptop is my prize possession! I love the game of golf and this is the best way to stay connected to the game when there is snow on the ground!  

I have done surveys and watched videos but can't seem to accrue points to afford anything other than green fees and balls -- which don't last long!  

Is there anything I can do to get clubs to match my level (L53) so I can compete with other people at my level.  Thank you so much for any advice or help you can offer! 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 9:27 AM

As you haven't posted the same plea, multiple times and proved yourself an idiot.

I'll send you a set of whatever you'd like...

..oh, wait a minute.....

;-)

• Gretzky17
    15 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 9:30 AM

I feel stupid for posting this multiple times -- because I didn't really know where to post this for advice, so I just did multiple forums.  

I'm embarrassed. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 10:26 AM

So how did you get the clubs that you already have ? I`ve been playing going on 6 years this coming June and have never spent a penny on the game . You are without excuse due to the fact that you are in the US which is the mecca market . You can buy 250 credit sleeves of balls which you dont need as  L53 Tour Pro . Also considering your level and tier its obvious that you really dont play the game that much .

So helping you would be futile as you arent trying to help yourself . I have club members that helping them would be more beneficial than helping you . So I`ll spend my credits on them instead .

Gretzky17:

I feel stupid for posting this multiple times -- because I didn't really know where to post this for advice, so I just did multiple forums.  

I'm embarrassed. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 10:33 AM

Gretzky17:
    I have done surveys and watched videos but can't seem to accrue points to afford anything other than green fees and balls -- which don't last long!  

Then you're not doing it correctly. Last year, I spent over 60,000 in credits. (Yes, I track my purchases.) I never had to buy a single credit.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 10:36 AM

Gretzky17:

What green fees?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 10:47 AM

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:01 AM

Gretzky17:
    I have done surveys and watched videos but can't seem to accrue points to afford anything other than green fees and balls

Wait a minute....you create three different threads titled "Can't Afford Clubs" because you're from a poor family and can't afford upgrades and then you do this on the very same day...

You have some nerve.

Unbelievable.

MC

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:06 AM

He could always start a Go Fund Me account.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:14 AM

The OP has technically been a member since 2009. There have been numerous charity drives in that span of time (July and Xmas); to which many of us have donated. I have never seen his name?

The OP is a level 51 TP after 7 years on here. Clearly, he doesn't play often. He joined a CC without any thought, still claims to know nothing about it, yet remains there.

There are numerous recruiting adverts on here by reputable CCs. Craven Dale is known as one of the more generous CCs vis-a-vis its' members.

If his story is true, I have empathy. But my own assessment, plus Lonnie's analysis and advice, carry the day for me..

ct

edit: downside of moderation. My post was written shortly after Lonnie's. Things have become much clearer since then. 

RSS