Help › Forums

Was once a FireFox user - not now

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 24 2017 11:14 PM (24 replies)
  • Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 2:07 AM

Agree with above posts re FF.

Switch back to 48.02, disable updates and you will find all is rosy.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:28 AM

Baldace:

Think I'd - along  with others -  pointed yourself in the direction of the above when you last had issues using FF, Colin.

Combination of later versions of FF & Adobe Flash had me doing the same roll back as you've described above.

Have to say that at the moment I'm using FF 50.1.0 alongside AF ver 24.0.0.194 and the game plays perfectly well this end. I've also noticed an improvement in the actual graphics displayed on screen - things just appear to be more detailed.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 6:52 AM

I use the latest version of both Firefox and flash without any problem on my Mac's.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 7:58 AM

WigerToods2010:

Baldace:

Think I'd - along  with others -  pointed yourself in the direction of the above when you last had issues using FF, Colin.

Combination of later versions of FF & Adobe Flash had me doing the same roll back as you've described above.

Have to say that at the moment I'm using FF 50.1.0 alongside AF ver 24.0.0.194 and the game plays perfectly well this end. I've also noticed an improvement in the actual graphics displayed on screen - things just appear to be more detailed.

Indeed it was your good self Johnny :)

Think I'll check out the version you have noted above, hopefully see you about soon mate.

• Buzzard86
    403 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 9:54 AM

I've used the latest Firefox from day one in here with seldom problems. It seems like when I'm playing multiplayer matches my opponents are the ones rebooting. Just my 2 cents worth.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 9:59 AM

WigerToods2010:
    at the moment I'm using FF 50.1.0 alongside AF ver 24.0.0.194 and the game plays perfectly well this end.

Good to hear - problems were reported with Flash 22 or 23. There may be hope for better versions.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 10:03 AM

l been useing Fire fox a while now  l  download the updates  l dont have much problem with the meter  the Browsers do go off if you do not  have a good cc cleaner, and Antivirus to help stop it from slugish  runnling.

l find the flash will become a problem  ie bad metering if the browser is not kept updated

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 11:46 AM

Thanks to everyone who offered up some great information and ideas on this subject!

Your time spent is appreciated. 

BingoBen

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 2:00 AM

WigerToods2010:

Johnny I decided to try Firefox again trusting your judgement. it took only 1 CTTH round to see that at least on my PC it is not very good. The meter ran smooth for 1/4 of the meter then the final 3/4 it stuttered so badly that I couldn't even come close to hitting the ding. I  get virtually no stutters with Comodo Dragon , Comodo Ice Dragon or FlashPeak Slimjet . Though I will admit that CD and Slimjet are very old versions that use NPAPI flash instead of PPAPI pepper flash.

In fact most of the Mozilla based browsers that I have tried are even better than Firefox on my PC. Those being Maxthon 3 Maxthon cloud Maxthon 5 and Sea Monkey.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 6:16 AM

borntobesting:
    Johnny I decided to try Firefox again trusting your judgement.

No worries, Joe.  Horses for courses s'pose. Most browsers you mention I've tried and FF is by far the best for me. I also play via WGT's own full screen mode.

It'll all depend on an individual's set up (OS etc).

For the record I'm on an old HPG61 notebook (64bit) running Windows10 (10.0.14393) with a 4GB dual core processor.

RSS