Forums

Help › Forums

Was once a FireFox user - not now

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 24 2017 11:14 PM (24 replies)
  • BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:12 AM

Is Mozilla Firefox still a favorable browser when playing WGT?   

It was at one time then fell apart.   Any recent information available?

BingoBen 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:27 AM

Many people gave up on Firefox quite a while ago.  Others still have a good experience.  For me I've had good luck with Maxthon Cloud, that being what I use now.  I've also had good luck with Opera in the past.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 11:47 AM

Personally, I have switched browsers several times. They seem to work well for a period, then simply don't. I've used Firefox, Maxthon, IE...I currently use Chrome.

ct

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:06 PM

Thanks for the response phred.    Also hope to hear from some current Firefox users to see what they have to say.   

Tried loading Maxthon but Mcafee security gave me a warning of possible issues and I backed away.   

Ben

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:07 PM

I use it, reluctantly and habitually.

It has always worked with ups and downs but very stable and without any cache clearances.

But, it has become rising issues with Flash, as Mozilla is against it.

I haven't done the last update which is said to be bad. Thus, it's a tad unstable IMHO.

• SEARAY27
    313 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:33 PM

BingoBen:
    Mcafee security

Get rid of Mcafee, it's junk. Windows defender is all you need.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 12:43 PM

I have always used FF, it was better than anything else until there was a FF update a few months ago that wasn't compatable with the new flash update...

I uninstalled FF and flash, loaded FF 48.2 and a older version of flash and it is perfect again!

OHHH, turn of FF updates and flash updates

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 1:22 PM

Have been using Maxthon 3, for well over a year, with great dependability.

Waterfox serves as my back-up.

Using Windows 10

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 4:10 PM

fatdan:

Faithful Firefox user here and can report no problems. Meter is smooth and no disconnects.

If you switch to FF, do as Dan says...turn off the auto updates for both FF and Flash.

MC

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:51 AM

mrcaddie:

fatdan:

Faithful Firefox user here and can report no problems. Meter is smooth and no disconnects.

If you switch to FF, do as Dan says...turn off the auto updates for both FF and Flash.

MC

+1 MC

I've used Firefox pretty much exclusively. The occasional meter hiccups I get are due to additional tabs I have open, including gmail. I'm too lazy to close them :-)

I like it, it's stable, solid and I don't have to jump through hoops to get the meter smooth.

I did take someone's advice though - can't recall who - apologies - and tried to get all my clubs at the same meter speed. That did more for me than switching browsers.

Only addon/plugin I have is Adblock Plus.

Cheers,

Peter

RSS