Forums

Help › Forums

Harsher Punishment for Forfeits

Sun, Sep 2 2018 12:25 AM (48 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 1:17 AM

Miller2727:
    WGT just refuses to give some sort of punishment to quitters.

Did you read anything in the thread, or others about this issue.....or perhaps you have a solution you may like to share?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 3:56 AM

alanti:

Miller2727:

Did you read anything in the thread, or others about this issue.....or perhaps you have a solution you may like to share?

Excellent point Alan.  Appears to be just another glass of whine, vintage 1977, "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me".   Best when served by Linda Ronstadt,  from the vineyards of Warren Zevon.

• pvcerod
    92 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 4:16 PM

Oh! I don't think it's that hard to work out between who has quit after a few bad shots & who has just left because of a bad connection.......like I said before, this thread was mainly directed at those that don't use the Forfeit Button, it's not hard, Geezuz! even those that leave before their last putt for what ever reason do the right thing & use the Forfeit Button.......And BTW to those that think I'm whinging, so be it, but when I can count on two hands the amount of times in the last 5 years I have finished a full game with all who started, then there is a problem & problems need to be solved & fixed........I'm also not one of these players that soon as they see that it's a lower Tier Player they Decline.....I play with anyone, remember, we all started somewhere ;)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 8:34 PM

pvcerod:

Oh! I don't think it's that hard to work out between who has quit after a few bad shots & who has just left because of a bad connection.......like I said before, this thread was mainly directed at those that don't use the Forfeit Button, it's not hard, Geezuz! even those that leave before their last putt for what ever reason do the right thing & use the Forfeit Button.......And BTW to those that think I'm whinging, so be it, but when I can count on two hands the amount of times in the last 5 years I have finished a full game with all who started, then there is a problem & problems need to be solved & fixed........I'm also not one of these players that soon as they see that it's a lower Tier Player they Decline.....I play with anyone, remember, we all started somewhere ;)

I didn't see anyone accuse you of whining.  The point has been made that WGT doesn't differentiate between disconnects and quitters that don't use the forfeit button.  I doubt that they ever will.

Best solution is to either play against friends or accept the risk of random people quitting.  I only play with friends and people I know anymore, so it's not a problem for me.  

Venting in the Forum about this problem isn't going to change anything.  It may make you feel better, but it' serves no other purpose.  Expecting WGT to police this type of behavior is naive at best.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 9:57 PM

phred952:
    Best solution is to either play against friends or accept the risk of random people quitting.  I only play with friends and people I know anymore, so it's not a problem for me.  

+1

I cannot recall the last time I started a game and all players did not finish (bar one where the player had a computer issue) ....all formats....but they were friends.

• pvcerod
    92 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 4:02 PM

phred952:

alanti:

Miller2727:

Excellent point Alan.  Appears to be just another glass of whine, vintage 1977, "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me".   Best when served by Linda Ronstadt,  from the vineyards of Warren Zevon.

C'mon phred.......where ya glasses, there's one in your quote ;)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 4:51 PM

phred952:

alanti:

Miller2727:

To pvcerod:

As you see from my post in question it's addressed to Miller2727, not you.  My other post where you were mentioned is below:

Premed:

pvcerod:

( I don't think WGT can distinguish between those who deliberately quit and those who fail to complete a game because of technical issues. )

They must be able to distinguish something as repeat offenders end up with Orange Ticks ;)

Im not so sure about that, when i  was having probs with my pc I lost connection during a few matchplays without actually quitting, course I managed to get an orange tick & I wasnt too happy about that.

That is the problem, how to tell who just quit and who lost their connection.  This has been talked about quite a bit and it's not going to change.  WGT is not going to penalize customers, as they might then leave the game and take there revenue stream with them.

Best advice still is to only play with friends and people you know, and use your passes differently so they are not "wasted".

As you see I agreed with you about WGT not being able to distinguish why disconnects happen, just that they do.

I always make it a point to quote someone so people know to whom I am referring.  I don't want anyone to feel i randomly target them.  That was the case with you also.

Finally, turning your comment back to you, perhaps you need to check your glasses, not me.  Seriously, I hope we are good here as I don't want this to escalate into bad feelings between us.  :-)  

phred952

• pvcerod
    92 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 11:42 PM

ha! ha! ha!.......nah! it's all good Phred, it's all only banter & stirring the pot to me.......but this is the bit that was in your Quote I was referring to.....

Not hard to see the dig......

Excellent point Alan.  Appears to be just another glass of whine, vintage 1977, "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me".   Best when served by Linda Ronstadt,  from the vineyards of Warren Zevon."

Anyway, look me up anytime if you want a game.....I'm not fussy who I play with, just don't like being left in the middle of the course to finish a game on my Pat Malone ;)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 11:54 PM

Anyone that quits or is suspected of such the horses should not be spared:

Most are great people you meet, but always some twerps same as anywhere...

RSS