Forums

Help › Forums

Harsher Punishment for Forfeits

Sun, Sep 2 2018 12:25 AM (48 replies)
  • tmelody
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 6:04 PM

With all due respect, us forfeiters are rewarding you by giving you back your time, the most valuable thing there is. As an average TourPro, I may be matched to a Legend, not by my choosing, and when I'm done by the second hole on Casablanca, there is no point of wasting anymore time for chitchat when the object is to score points, so I may as well move onto my next match. Especially when others consume the maximum time between shots, to me that is the real issue. I simply fail to understand any of the logic in this thread. 

• pvcerod
    92 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 5:04 AM

Hi Tmelody,

You have my upmost respect, I'll play with anyone from all Tiers, lots forget that we all started somewhere, but the best way to get better is to play against those that are in higher Tiers above you.......don't quit after a couple of bad shots, half the fun is in trying to get those shots back........btw this thread is mainly aimed at the Quitters that do not use the Forfeit Button, that is the biggest time waster of all

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 12:54 PM

tmelody:
    and when I'm done by the second hole on Casablanca, there is no point of wasting anymore time for chitchat when the object is to score points, so I may as well move onto my next match.

The objective should be to improve and with that attitude it is unlikely to happen,

As Rod said, by playing with better players will help your game, and most better players will share tips and offer advice.

For you, play solo rounds, as it is obviously not the social aspect you play for.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 1:55 AM

Damn gutless quitters that are pariahs to the accepted norms of our golfing society. It's the 'all about me and feck you' attitude that pervades today's modern world. They should have an Unclean label placed next to their name and be made to play with just their own kind. 

• tmelody
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 7:22 AM

I have withdrawn gracefully and said good game after a bad hole and returned your time. In addition you have won the points. Yet somehow I'm "Unclean" . That is the mentality of the schoolyard bully, or maybe the one picked on in high school trying to be the bully now.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:46 AM

I was not bullying you at all, just questioning your reason and whether your quitting is done gracefully or not is irrelevant (but at least you do so in a reasonable manner).

My point is you will never learn by quitting. In real golf (if you play) do you hit a bad shot and then say screw this, shake hands and walk off?

If you get chastised for anything, do you just quit and walk away or learn from your mistakes?

Or are you just a gamer? If so I would say your time will be limited, as you will never reach your potential.

• Miller2727
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 9:39 AM

Frustrating when you waste a club pass and your opponent quits leaving you with only a few points for your country club and XP. Its a waste of ball hits. WGT just refuses to give some sort of punishment to quitters.

• louis040774
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 1:53 PM

Here, here

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 2:45 PM

pvcerod:

( I don't think WGT can distinguish between those who deliberately quit and those who fail to complete a game because of technical issues. )

They must be able to distinguish something as repeat offenders end up with Orange Ticks ;)

Im not so sure about that, when i  was having probs with my pc I lost connection during a few matchplays without actually quitting, course I managed to get an orange tick & I wasnt too happy about that.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 10:33 PM

Premed:

pvcerod:

( I don't think WGT can distinguish between those who deliberately quit and those who fail to complete a game because of technical issues. )

They must be able to distinguish something as repeat offenders end up with Orange Ticks ;)

Im not so sure about that, when i  was having probs with my pc I lost connection during a few matchplays without actually quitting, course I managed to get an orange tick & I wasnt too happy about that.

That is the problem, how to tell who just quit and who lost their connection.  This has been talked about quite a bit and it's not going to change.  WGT is not going to penalize customers, as they might then leave the game and take there revenue stream with them.

Best advice still is to only play with friends and people you know, and use your passes differently so they are not "wasted".

RSS