Help › Forums

putting from the fringe

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 19 2011 12:00 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 2:32 AM

if this is the most realistic golf game ever how come once in a while you cant putt from the fringe? i played a round of REAL golf the other day and i putted from the rough....

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:46 AM

It's a flaw that they don't seem able to fix. Personally I just use a wedge.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:57 AM

It's real hard to remember that this isn't real golf, not even close.  It's just a virtual game but a very good one.

J

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:26 AM

The fringe putting flaw is a pain for sure.  I have had it happen to me on all of the stroke play courses.  It seems to be an issue only when you have a chip that is downhill so I just choose to chip or flop from those lies.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:22 AM

It is a good game but has a long way to go to be excellent. WGT needs a physics engineer to make this game better than it is.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:37 PM

i know its not real golf johnie. but that to me is just something that is part of any golf game.  you can always putt from the fringe. 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:50 PM

It seems to me that the WGT treats the risk of getting hung up putting from the fringe as a deliberate way to make the game a little harder, as a penalty for not quite making the green - not a bug in the game. It depends on how much fringe you have to go through and how hard you hit the ball. If you just treat it as a feature of the video golf game, it's not so frustrating. It can be a blow against realism, though.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 7:28 AM

zagraniczniak:

It seems to me that the WGT treats the risk of getting hung up putting from the fringe as a deliberate way to make the game a little harder, as a penalty for not quite making the green - not a bug in the game. It depends on how much fringe you have to go through and how hard you hit the ball. If you just treat it as a feature of the video golf game, it's not so frustrating. It can be a blow against realism, though.

If so, shame on WGT...they should strive for realism not penalties and rewards that have nothing to do with golf...HB3 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 8:13 AM

zagraniczniak:
    It depends on how much fringe you have to go through and how hard you hit the ball. I

Soooo important. Don't assume just because it says Fringe they all act the same. The actual  distance away from the  green makes a big difference.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:50 PM

YankeeJim:
    zagraniczniak:
    It depends on how much fringe you have to go through and how hard you hit the ball. I
    Soooo important. Don't assume just because it says Fringe they all act the same. The actual  distance away from the  green makes a big difference.
    ... and how many sprinkler heads you'll have to cross, etc.

If you really want realism, you're going to have to go all the way.  Let's not pick and choose here.

• PAGES
RSS