Help › Forums

Nike Vapor irons (95+)

Wed, Dec 7 2016 11:05 PM (31 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:20 PM

Robert1893:

Woodoworkery:
    I looked and still not seeing how a L86 can get L90 clubs.

At times, WGT will give special offers to individuals who have just leveled up. As I understand it, the offers have been some type of package that includes clubs, balls, credits, and coins.

The cost can be around 10,000 credits for everything. In those offers, WGT has included clubs above the player's level. But you have to purchase the whole package. That may have what happened here. 

I've seen at least one other person post that he got such an offer. Now, how WGT decides who to give the offer to and who not to give it to you, I have no idea.  

What Robert said is correct.  There was another discussion about this topic last month and the OP described "The Package Deal" that WGT offered him.  It happend that he was also offered the Rsi2 irons in the package deal.

As to how WGT decides to make this offer available and to whom, who knows?  Nobody from WGT is talking.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:35 PM

Robert1893:

Woodoworkery:

At times, WGT will give special offers to individuals who have just leveled up. As I understand it, the offers have been some type of package that includes clubs, balls, credits, and coins.

The cost can be around 10,000 credits for everything.
    In those offers, WGT has included clubs above the player's level. But you have to purchase the whole package. That may have what happened here. 

I've seen at least one other person post that he got such an offer. Now, how WGT decides who to give the offer to and who not to give it to you, I have no idea.  

Are you sure its credits or actual money.. The other guy referred it in GBP. Would make more sense if it was in actual currency.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 8:09 PM

Vaibhav5viv:
    Are you sure its credits or actual money.. The other guy referred it in GBP. Would make more sense if it was in actual currency.

You've lost me.

I thought everything sold on here was sold by credits. So I have no idea what distinction you're drawing here. I'm sure it's just me.

Regardless, it was 10,000 credits for the package deal. And if I recall correctly, it included the following:

• Driver
    • Hybrid 
    • 3 Wood
    • Irons 
    • Putter
    • Sleeve of balls
    • 2000 Credits
    • Coins 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 8:47 PM

Robert1893:

Vaibhav5viv:

You've lost me.

I thought everything sold on here was sold by credits. So I have no idea what distinction you're drawing here. I'm sure it's just me.

Regardless, it was 10,000 credits for the package deal. And if I recall correctly, it included the following:

• Driver
    • Hybrid 
    • 3 Wood
    • Irons 
    • Putter
    • Sleeve of balls
    • 2000 Credits
    • Coins 

I think that is everything he said was included Robert.  Perhaps on the package deal, it was priced in Pounds instead of credits.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 10:18 PM

Whatever it was priced in, it wasn't a bad deal, and he was smart to take advantage of it.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 1:00 AM

K7JBQ:

Whatever it was priced in, it wasn't a bad deal, and he was smart to take advantage of it.

I agree completely.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:38 AM

phred952:
    Perhaps on the package deal, it was priced in Pounds instead of credits.

OK. I'm with you.

I simply understood his post to mean that's how much it cost him to purchase the necessary credits.  

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:26 AM

Robert1893:

Woodoworkery:

The cost can be around 10,000 credits for everything. In those offers, WGT has included clubs above the player's level. But you have to purchase the whole package. That may have what happened here. 

Absolutely spot on, Robert.  I was offered a package "Deal of the Day", with TM R15 driver and 3W, RSi2 irons, Ghost Spider putter, credits and coins, which expired in 24 hours.  Since it was quite a bit of dosh, I read lots of comments on the clubs (R15 driver, RSi2 and Ghost Spider putter seem to be standouts), and eventually decided to pull the trigger.

No idea how/why I was chosen, but it did happen just after level-up (to 85).  I'm still working to get used to the faster meter, but the driver and irons do seem amazing -- very precise when hit well, but punishing if missed by more than "just a little".

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 10:51 AM

Berto057:
     I'm still working to get used to the faster meter, but the driver and irons do seem amazing -- very precise when hit well, but punishing if missed by more than "just a little".

The faster meter was the main issue I had with the RSi2 irons. If you hit the ding, the irons are fantastic. The ball will stop on a dime. But unfortunately, I couldn't hit the ding consistently. 

So when the Nike Vapor Fly irons came out, I downgraded my irons to the Level 85 irons (now Level 80). And then when WGT lowered the Level 97 Vapor Fly irons, I bought those because by then I was at Level 92. I never regretted either decision.

Nevertheless, the conventional wisdom is that if you really take the time to learn the RSi2 irons, you will be rewarded with excellent shots and low scores.  

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 4:46 PM

To Robert1893 and Berto057:

+1 to both of you.

After I started having swing timing problems, I also eventually had to stop playing the Rsi2's because I couldn't handle the 3.0 meter and went back to the L85 Nikes with the 4.0.  All with a Nike Black ball.  For a while I even used a set of Max Meter L94 irons. my swing timing got so bad.

I'm currently using the L95 Vapors and working towards using faster (and less expensive)  balls.   All in good time I hope.  At least i have found out what part of my problem was/is.  Not something I can blame on WGT, sadly.

GL with them Berto057.

RSS