Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Vapor irons (95+)

Wed, Dec 7 2016 11:05 PM (31 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:51 AM

Hi everyone.

I know Nike brand is going out of businesss here at WGT bu tIm thinkin gof buying these- Nike Vapor irons (95+).

Can anyone give me some advice. Will it be worth my investment in these clubs compared to my Taylormade Burners 2.0 irons. $44.00 man. That's a chunk of change for a bit more precision and a bit slower meter.

Help? TY for ANY advice. Jeff 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 8:33 AM

The Vapors are pricey. And they're worth it. If you have any doubts, rent them first. The name of the game is getting closer to the pin, and these irons are the best at it, hands down.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:15 AM

K7JBQ:

The Vapors are pricey. And they're worth it. If you have any doubts, rent them first. The name of the game is getting closer to the pin, and these irons are the best at it, hands down.

+1.  K7 summed these irons up in his post.

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:44 AM

They are worth it!!!!!

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 10:05 AM

...and they're not supposed to still be in the shop!  : )

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 11:13 AM

Why are they still there???? If they are going to postpone taking them, it would be considerate if WGT could tell the players  

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 11:22 AM

If you have the credits buy them.  The old Burner 2 were good, perhaps even great, irons in their day but sadly their days are over if you want to play as well as you can.

You really won't regret upgrading.  It always used to be said that the 3 and 4 irons were killers in each new club set and while that's true of the Vapors you also get a brilliant PW.  It's damn near as good as the top of the range wedges we pay silly amounts for in the pro shop. 

Do it.

Quickly.

Before someone at WGT realises they shouldn't be in the shop any more.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 2:24 PM

Without question the best irons u can get.

A lotta dosh, but u won't regret it.

If u think about the price of a putter then it doesn't seem so bad.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 6:47 AM

***I THANK YOU ALL***

I DID IT!...lol,,,,

Well. It is time. Let's give them a whack! 

AGAIN - Thank you to everyone for all your on hands experience advice. How could I resist.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 7:54 AM

overtheedge:
    I DID IT!...lol,,,,

1st game - 1st time using the Nikes - HAMMERED OUT a -8 under 62 in WGT's WK 49 BPB Single Play.

Wow! What a difference.

TY again to everyone for your advice and experience that assisted me to make a decision to invest the money to improve my game and just in general ADD some more excitement to my game.

GAME IS OOOOOOON!!!!!

Have a nice wkend everyone. Jeff 

RSS