Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Vapor irons level 95 (true distances)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 24 2017 7:24 PM (44 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 7:35 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    NIKE Vapor isn't that much of an improvement comparing to RSi2's anyways.

This is totally without foundation and wrong. The Vapors are hugely better, especially the 6-PW. 8 of the top 10 $ winners this month use them and the other 2 use the Vapor Fly. There must be a reason.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:10 AM

YankeeJim:

SimonTheBeetle:

This is totally without foundation and wrong. The Vapors are hugely better, especially the 6-PW. 8 of the top 10 $ winners this month use them and the other 2 use the Vapor Fly. There must be a reason.

I'm only talking based on what I've experienced thus it is subjective and also I might be wrong.

But you need to cool your jet down though, Jim. Geez...

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:11 AM

YankeeJim:

SimonTheBeetle:

Jim he plays mobile exclusively so there might not be much of a difference. I don't play enough seriously on mobile to know for sure. And I never owned the RSI2's. From what I see though they seem to be just a slower version of the R11's and I know that both the Vapor's and Vapor Fly's are better than the R11's were.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:26 AM

borntobesting:
    I don't play enough seriously on mobile to know for sure. And I never owned the RSI2's. From what I see though they seem to be just a slower version of the R11's and I know that both the Vapor's and Vapor Fly's are better than the R11's were.

In my case, I cannot comment anything about R11 because they were long gone before I started playing the game.

And I'm not sure the reason why I feel NIKE Vapors & RSi2s practically the same is due to the fact that I play on mobile. What I can say is, though, I can score playing with RSi2s as well (or bad) as with NIKE Vapors. Once again, that's just me...

I just wanted to share my experience with my friend, Woobl. That's all...

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 11:19 AM

I do appreciate the input about the Vapors Simon! I only say insanely low scores because I do tend to see your name on a lot of the Legend event leaderboards... always near the top setting the pace. Though I would rather see you up there than the people who should already be champions with their 57 and 58 scoring averages still killing our events... 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 11:55 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    I do appreciate the input about the Vapors

No problem, Woobl. But you wanna listen to what others have to say about them as my experience might not be entirely true.

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Though I would rather see you up there than the people who should already be champions with their 57 and 58 scoring averages still killing our events... 

Thanks, man. :-) Frankly speaking, I don't understand how the average scores and tier-up REALLY work because I get to see lots of legend players having saturated av. score of 57-58 (or even lower sometimes) and still playing in legend tier. I don't care if they play as legends and dominate the way they do, but just makes me wonder.

Good hitting, pal.

Simon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 12:21 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    And I'm not sure the reason why I feel NIKE Vapors & RSi2s practically the same is due to the fact that I play on mobile.

I don't think it is, the attributes of a club don't change just because one is playing on mobile. As for those 2 club sets being "practically the same," this is just not true. There are no jets firing here, I just don't know how to make it any plainer. The only similarity is in the 3, 4 and 5 irons-those clubs play the same. However, the 6-PW don't.

What WGT did when they introduced the Vapors was to enhance that part of the set so that the lower 2/3s of the irons performed the same as the top 1/3 on top of increasing both the accuracy AND the forgiveness. That part of the difference is huge.

A prime example of the difference is the PW. The Vapor PW is the equivalent of another CG and will spin back off of a green if you're not paying attention. The middle and low irons of the Vapors are well ahead of the TMs in accuracy and spin control.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 8:24 PM

Jim, I'm not trying to claim that what I said is absolutely right and you're wrong.

Quite on the contrary, your opinions on those clubs are probably more accurate and correct since you're much more experienced and play better than me and trust me, I'm very impressed by your insight.

I didn't really appreciate, however, the way you reacted by saying "without foundation and wrong" made me feel like a guy who doesn't know a shite and spreads out false knowledge.

Well, that's just how I felt so hope we're cool over this, Jim.

Regards,

Simon

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 9:35 PM

Just to chip in (which, come to think of it, I did today; only thing that went right all day):

I have the TM irons, and they are very good. I got the Vapors when I hit level 95 about 10 days ago, and am just starting on the learning curve with them, but can tell you already they are the real deal and leave the TMs in the dust.

WGT may come out with an equivalent set of irons, or maybe something even better, but if you're at level 95 before November ends, you'll kick yourself for not grabbing the Vapors.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:08 PM

K7JBQ:

Just to chip in (which, come to think of it, I did today; only thing that went right all day):

I have the TM irons, and they are very good. I got the Vapors when I hit level 95 about 10 days ago, and am just starting on the learning curve with them, but can tell you already they are the real deal and leave the TMs in the dust.

WGT may come out with an equivalent set of irons, or maybe something even better, but if you're at level 95 before November ends, you'll kick yourself for not grabbing the Vapors.

+1.  My feelings exactly!!!  

I've noticed that you have better spin control on the short and mid irons on missed ding shots than on the Rsi2's.  And as YankeeJim said, distance doesn't get punished by a miss ding.

phred952

RSS