Forums

Help › Forums

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:52 PM (254 replies)
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 3:59 AM

Game #44

Won by mkrizan86 3 up vs nanstar (@ Oly in Rnd 2)

We raised our glasses to Andy

Well played Jure, good luck going forward :^)

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 6:14 AM

Had a fun match with mystry78.  Close all the way.  I had to up my game and sink some good putts just to stay with him.  He went 1up on the 4th, I took the 6th and 8th but then he took the last to send it into extra holes.  He won on the 3rd extra hole with a great birdie putt.

Pleasure to have met, played and chatted.  Thanks to Paul for organising this.  Andyson would have been proud.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 7:00 AM

What a great match against a fantastic player. And absolutely deadly with the putter.                It was a pleasure to meet and have a game with you Trents. Frank

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 8:46 AM

nanstar:

Game #44

Won by mkrizan86 3 up vs nanstar (@ Oly in Rnd 2)

We raised our glasses to Andy

Well played Jure, good luck going forward :^)

I met a true gent today and came out luckier. Keith raised his evening wine glass to Dennis and I raised my morning coffee mug. 

Speaking of coffee, my keyboard heard this thing has something to do with Andyson and it took a few minutes for it to relax and uncringe. Understandable, considering how many rough incidents it had to endure, when Andyson's post were read. while drinking coffee ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 9:45 AM
  • adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 11:35 AM

Sent a pm to Turfsand, hoping to get our game played in the next day or so. Keep up the good work Paul.

• jacko1972
    927 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 2:18 PM

Played my match with Jim and very pleased to have met and played against another very nice player and more so a person and so good to meet another top guy and all thanks to this wonderful tournament put on all in the name of a great person and player..

Yet again the score is irrelevant as all about the occasion...

Jacko progresses to next round and many thanks for game again Jim and a pleasure meeting you

John

• SashaTheSkirt
    381 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 5:49 PM

SashaTheSkirt defeated julio1235 in a 9 hole match play game on THE OLYMPIC CLUB.

Sasha

• tygerjr
    722 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 6:46 AM

very nice round with paulton this morning ( company wise )

paul did'nt  have a warm up so was alittle off , and i had acouple meter issues.

i went 2 up early on , then he came back to even it up by the 8 th .

on the 9 th i birded from 20 ft to go 1 up.

thx for the good company paul , enjoyed

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Nov 5 2016 6:48 AM

Just played my 3rd round match with Dave (Tygerjr), after a loose start I got back into things and made a match of it.

We ended up all square on the last hole. I went long and left a horrible long bendy steep downslope putt. I lagged it to gimme area. Dave had a 14ft or so putt  with a nasty right to left break, I was fairly confident of the half to go to extra holes but Dave had other ideas.

It was a fine putt to win a very fine match. Good luck next round man.

It has been my pleasure and privilege to help facilitate and to play in this tournament in memory of our friend Dennis. 

...but I got beat, no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Edit - it was a 20ft foot putt that beat me...thanks Capt Buzzkill!  Helluva putt though.

RSS