Forums

Help › Forums

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:52 PM (254 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:10 AM

As Jacko1972 ( John) said, we had an enjoyable round played in remembrance of Andyson. We both had a chuckle over the retelling of the time he posted a message on CIB's wall from VEM, with a sound code calling out his name. Classic Andyson, lol. I brought game, but, was simply outplayed by a champ an' true gentleman. John won 5 up an' moves on, congrats. Thanks again Paul for all your efforts in keeping this going, and to all who took part in this memorial to our friend.

Doc :)

photo mooseFdancing_20animated1.gif

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:43 AM

I knew that was going to be a tough game against Mystry78 and I wasn't wrong.

I started well, birdie on the first hole to go 1 up but he played great golf to take it by 2 holes on the 8th sinking a great putt for the win.

Very well played, a well earned win.

And of course, many thanks to Paul for all the work being put in here and to everyone taking part for helping to make it a success.

As long as we remember him Dennis will never truly be gone.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 6:08 AM

drmoose:

As Jacko1972 ( John) said, we had an enjoyable round played in remembrance of Andyson. We both had a chuckle over the retelling of the time he posted a message on CIB's wall from VEM, with a sound code calling out his name. Classic Andyson, lol.

Doc :)

Aaah, good old VEM....and another chestnut from Andy. :)

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 6:41 AM

A very well played match it was and I was very fortunate to squeak out a win against my newest WGT friend.    I'm quite sure that none of us taking part in this tourney will ever forget Dennis.        Frank

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 7:34 AM

had a fun round with 6tee9, great guy. he gave a fine game but i managed to squeeke through with a win. this is a great tournament in memory of a great man and many thanks out to PaulTon for organizing.

i have sent a friend request to adeypa and hope to get round two in soon

Turfsand

• VEM9000
    169 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 8:12 AM

drmoose:
    the time he posted a message on CIB's wall from VEM, with a sound code calling out his name. Classic Andyson,

I'm sorry CIB, but, it really was quite humorous, I thought I'd have a circuit malfunction from laughing, ha ha.

Vem :)

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 9:01 AM

Just played my match with our fearless leader, all square putting on the 9th. Unfortunately for me, left my approach way short and then left a 25 foot breaker on the back edge of the hole. Paul sunk a clutch birdie putt and wins the match, one up. Great game Paul! It was an honor to take part in this event and hope to do so again and again. Big thank you's to Paul for the tremendous amount of work, effort and heart he has put into this.

RIP Andyson

Forever on the Fairways in Heaven

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 9:03 AM

I just played my 2nd matchplay round with Jim (Twinponds), poor bloke had been up all night with toothache and maybe wasn't at his best. Not Jim's favourite course either it seems.

This was a great game though, Jim capitalised on a mistake I made on the 2nd hole and took an early lead.

We then matched each other all the way to the 7th tee. Jim missed the fairway with his drive, then failed to make the upper tier of the green from heavy rough.

All square through 8. On the 9th green Jim hit a lengthy putt for birdie, looked like the perfect line and length, it curled beautifully in towards the hole only to stop on the last blade of grass on the lip of the cup!

I sank an 8ft bendy number to steal the win on the last hole. Great game with a nice guy and new friend.

...and Cheers Andyson!

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 10:48 AM

Stash and I hit up the course a bit earlier...

Plenty of fun as it should be but Tosh had a few iffy shots, A bit unlucky, My luck held up and those orange Glen balls played wonderful today..

We toasted Andyson several times round Olympic...

Superb fun and company period..!!

I won 3 up but that may and probaly is very flattering!!

Catch you later Tosh ...

RSS