Forums

Help › Forums

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:52 PM (254 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:58 AM

64 players who completed the strokeplay rounds were chosen at random to contest in the matchplay event. These lucky players will now have the chance to win this handsome award -

Please make friends with your opponent and get all games played in a timely manner.

ROUND 1 CONGRESSIONAL BACK 9

MATCHPLAY

Rounds will be 9 holes with extra holes if required. The final will be 18 holes.

Good luck to everyone... 

Play is open from now until Sunday at Midnight (25th-30th October,2016)

Link to challonge bracket.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:10 AM

Oh fur fox ache, I deliberately didn't look to see who my opponent was until posting this, I've got one of my clubmates! 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:13 AM

Paul, I am sure this is probably elsewhere, but is this a 9 or 18 hole matchplay and on what course do we play the first round? Big kudos for the staggering amount of work and time you have put into this, very well done!

TP

EDIT: Never mind, I see you have added that info. Thanks!

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:59 AM

Any timeframe for getting Round 1 matches played? A year? A decade???! ;)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 9:20 AM

bery111:

Any timeframe for getting Round 1 matches played? A year? A decade???! ;)

I was hoping 'a timely manner' would cover all that... LMAO...jeez it's smoky in here, open a window...

OK serious adjudicating head on... Given we're spread over time zones and have work commitments etc,

I think we should begin the round today, all ties to be played before Sunday at midnight.

25th - 30th October 2016. I'll add this above ^^^  Then Tue-Sunday each week until we're done.

I really don't want to be cracking the whip at anyone, so much so that I have a volunteer who does that job for me, I suggest you all get your games played 'in a timely manner'.

Otherwise TWOMINUSONE will be paying you a visit. He won't be knocking on your door, he'll come crashing through your walls, take heed.

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 9:31 AM

Paul i don't see my name in bracket lol

bye

Carlo

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 9:57 AM

The RANDOM draw for the matchplay bracket can be seen here.

All of this should be known to anyone who read the format they signed up for. I chose my words carefully in a bid to avoid any ambiguities but if people don't even read 'em it aint my problem.

This post will also have to serve as the answer to the messages I'm receiving asking the same question. I can't be ar$ed answering to be honest.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 10:23 AM

Well  done  and said Paul........    no confusions,   all is explained by you .        Members just have to read your post   keep up your good work   .Andy  is smiling  watching  this great tournament.                

RSS