Forums

Help › Forums

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:52 PM (254 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 11:57 AM

ADEYPA and I played our match,  He won 2 and 1.  Really enjoyed playing in this tribute to our friend.  Ade is a great guy, and I'm glad I got to play a match with him.  Good Luck next round mate.

Jeff

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 12:04 PM

Hey Guys ,  I played my match with Andivo  ( Andy ) 

I lost 2 down ,, He was a nice guy, and It was fun ,,, 

Thanks Andy & Thanks to everyone who was involved in this Memorial tournament ..

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 1:02 PM

I have sent a Friend Request to slicedpepper and posted on his wall.

What happens to our match if there is no response?

Is the last minute Pacific Coast time?

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 2:03 PM

Just finished my match with Alanti.

Great encounter. Alan won it on the 6th extra hole after I missed the 'ding' by about 3 weeks on a 3.6 feet putt.. (yes, that's feet!!!).

Al went 1 up through the second hole and the match remained the same until the 8th hole when I managed to finally get it to AS.

Last hole Al had to putt to save the match... and did

1st extra hole Al had to putt to save the match... and did

2nd extra hole Al had to putt to save the match... and did

3nd extra hole Al had to putt to save the match... and did

4th extra hole Al had to putt to save the match... and did

5th extra hole Wiger had to putt to save the match... and did

6th extra hole Wiger had to putt to save the match... and didn't!  LOL

Would've posted the card sooner but had to take the neighbour's cat to the vet....

Thank you, Al, for providing me with the best laugh I've had since me missus got her Eartha's caught in our washing machine.

Possibly the most excitement filled match I've ever had on here. Time and time again you putted like a demon during the extra holes and fully deserved the 'W'.

Good luck going forward!

Had a blast during this fine tribute to Dennis, Mr. Ton. Thank you for the time and effort you've put in to make it happen. Need anything, bud - you know where I am.

"To Andyson"....

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 3:49 PM

WigerToods2010:
    Had a blast during this fine tribute to Dennis, Mr. Ton. Thank you for the time and effort you've put in to make it happen.

Sorry about the tardy reply, but yes it was a fantastic game and I hope we did Dennis proud.

The most laughs I have had in a game for a while....often at my expense Alice must add......

Like most of our previous games, it went to the wire and beyond. I had you on the rope in the early part, in extra holes I was up against it but hung on.

As per your commentary, several of those extra hole putts to stay in the game were 10 feet or more - luck was on my side.

I was honestly disappointed how the game finished, it was a putt I would concede if I could have as I dislike winning on a miss. 

I call it an honorable win for both of us and for the tribute to Dennis. Every game has been fun and played in the spirit worthy of his memory.

"To Dennis".....*raises my glass*

• tigrecaca
    193 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 4:24 PM

Thank for the game Tucker.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 5:06 PM

Mark (thegoosebag) and myself have played our match.

It was a tight contest throughout, early Sunday here in Oz and close to midnight for my opponent. I managed to sink the winning putt on the third extra hole aided by copious amounts of coffee.

Terrific to have met Mark, a very nice guy and we had a blast out there!

A huge thanks to Paul and his assistants for hosting this fabulous tournament in honour of our dearly departed friend Dennis, aka Andyson.

May he forever rest in peace.

Keith - aka nan

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 1:01 AM

pdb1:
    This has been the GR8est event I have been lucky enough and had the pleasure to attend . 

There have been some great community organised tournaments from Carlo and Alberto, Paul Finn and Ryder Cup and Tough it Out tournaments to name a few, but I agree this has been so special.

Possibly as the tournament has been played in great spirit and paying homage to Dennis and has brought players together who have not played with each other before.

I have made new friends as a result, formed from the common bond of the great "Andyson".

I take my hat off to every player who participated and especially to Mr Ton, who has done an amazing job pulling this together when WGT would not.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 3:38 AM

played keith (nanstar) going to the 3rd extra hole and a win for keith well played m8

neither of us lit up the course but some solid play and only 1 hole in it all the way rd

only one winner in this event and that is the WGT community well played all

thanks paul for all your hard work putting this together and also the many folks who helped out

cheers     mark.

R.I.P. andyson

RSS