Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Golf Maintenance 10/17 10PM PDT

Mon, Mar 27 2017 9:36 PM (91 replies)
  • DAVEGZ
    1,265 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 10:58 AM

This is not funny anymore WGT, I played a easy CC tourney and because of the delayed click over 9 holes i lost 6 balls which i cant afford to keep losing, its a joke when your ball fires off to the right and comes the message reload lost ball, i play with level 43 callaway balls which i can ding nearly all the time but since the maintainance i havent hit it once, and ive tried all the other browsers but with no luck plus with the game out of sync is really frustating and COSTLY, please WGT hurry up and fix this problem

DAVEGZ.

• Looper0443
    133 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 3:16 AM

I play the 3 click meter. Ding player was Silky smooth until last update. Game has basically become unplayable in Firefox. Have to play 3/4 screen double click spin meter and meter jumps and staggers like it's been on a bender. Watch putts frame by frame. Reset Firefox, cleaned cache etc no luck. Click is off by 3/16 of an inch--missed more 3 ft putts in the last week than I had in the last 3 years. Will only play to use up my free passes. Hope something changes or I find some workaround. If not, I guess it's time to get some things done around the house.

Looper

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 11:53 AM

DAVEGZ:

This is not funny anymore WGT, I played a easy CC tourney and because of the delayed click over 9 holes i lost 6 balls which i cant afford to keep losing, its a joke when your ball fires off to the right and comes the message reload lost ball, i play with level 43 callaway balls which i can ding nearly all the time but since the maintainance i havent hit it once, and ive tried all the other browsers but with no luck plus with the game out of sync is really frustating and COSTLY, please WGT hurry up and fix this problem

DAVEGZ.

If you have tried all of the other browsers with no luck then its your pc and not the browser or WGT . I use Maxthon Cloud with no problems and also have Max5 beta 5 version and again no problems . Sounds more like either your mouse speed needs readjusting or replacing your mouse or batteries if wireless . I would have quit playing after losing 2 balls under those conditions not 6 so dont count on ball replacement from WGT .

Log out of game .

Uninstall your favorite browser and then reinstall your favorite browser .

Log back into game and play a few holes .

Also make sure that your system isnt running any apps in the back ground and turn off all updaters .

• Betsywantsit
    1,086 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 1:07 PM

Everything is fine until i load the game. Then the CC pass does not accept my buy or no buy and stays on screen so i cant see behind it. While the pass box is still there nothing is active, no chat, no club switch, no aim, and no meter. I have timed out of several very important games and my rating has declined.

If i can manage to swing, I am miles late. The click does not active the hit and the ball flys off to the right. I have lost over 6 balls and refuse to pay or play again until this is fixed.

• twoputt57
    14 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 1:42 PM

Hi, I have had the same Problem, lost a sleeve of balls. I contacted WGT they said its a flash update issue I can play but only with a Minimized screen. NO FUN

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2016 2:55 PM

Instead of complaining the most simple solution is try a different browser just that simple . Its not rocket science try a different browser . Maxthon Cloud 4.9 browser works great for many of us . Firefox is a hit or miss for many . Google Best Browsers and then try them until you find what works best for you . That is the standard work around .

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:23 AM

It's all a complete lottery with choice of browsers..I used FF for about 2 years after IE went *** up, after whatever happened on the 17th FF is completely knackered for me but lo and behold IE is now back as smooth as silk. Have no clue why but grateful for it :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 7:20 AM

Haven't cleared cache at home (two different laptops) using Comodo Dragon, and at work using Google Chrome (cleared cache and history for obvious reasons.  lol)  

No difference in playing for me at home or at work.  Although, at work there is some issues but it's only as they are upgrading the network (college campus) but other than that, no funny business while playing for me.

Not saying that the issues aren't happening to those that are reporting issues, but can see why it could/would be difficult for WGT to say its on their end much less be able to do anything about it with the issues not happening for everyone.

Hope yous find a fix for it. 

• Scratchmandoo
    2 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 12:37 PM

Ok; once and for all to you and others instead of being so smug and condescending consider that just because your game hasn't been affected by the last upgrade doesn't mean that the same will hold true for those that were. MY PC IS FINE...I used to use Firefox ( which had a smooth as butter meter ) it is now completely inoperable. I have also tried MAXTHON 4.9 and BETA, GOOGLE CHROME, and EDGE.....none of which worked properly. I am currently using ICE DRAGON which AT LEAST allows me to play a relatively decent round; but it too has severe meter flare ups as well. So unless you have something constructive or helpful to say in this regard....choose to SAY NOTHING. The shear numbers of WGT members affected by the last upgrade should CLUE even you in as too the breadth and severity of this issue. Good that you and others were not affected and hope that you never are. It is very frustrating. Peace all!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 1:13 PM

Last week flash updated, WGT had an update, and on Fri. FF updated...simply put somehow something on your PC is no longer compatable...I know this because I have several PC with newer operating systems that haven't updated that still work just fine, but I don't like playing on the game screen size they have.

Regardless of what some of the experts above say, it isn't as easy as changing browsers....

Basically I have rolled back the flash version twice, rolled back FF twice, and tried every f'n browser on the internet and nothing works as of yet....my meter was perfect, but got a little worse with each of the last 3 WGT updates, Fridays FF update was the straw that broke the camels back FOR ME, some were already having problems.

I have NEVER had the game play this bad before, meter jumps, wind isn't affecting anything, click and the meter runs way past the ding, however if your waiting for a WGT or FF update to fix it, consider yourself screwed!

For example, the last time my game went crazy it ended up being my ZoneAlarm firewall believe it or not, updated it and everything was better than it was before it went crazy...

Start looking through and updating or last resort removing your addons, firewalls, AV's, look at your processor use, your memory, etc because it is on your PC....

RSS