Forums

Help › Forums

Icon's Community Challenge #8 - The Most Wicker-ed Challenge Yet!

Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:29 PM (68 replies)
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 1:12 AM

Announcing WGTicon's Community Challenge #8

The Most Wicker-ed Challenge Yet!

While Icon is off on holiday - he has charged me with collecting some amazing hole-out shots. So I went looking for a tough shot to keep him amused. I've decided to go with Merion #1. The bunker at the front right of the green guards the approach from the Tee, making it a really tough hole-out when the pin is positioned at front right.

Enter via the Single Hole course menu to play Merion #1 - only play via this menu to ensure everyone has the same course settings.

There is no restriction on balls or clubs.

Icon wants to see a great hole-out -- so he will payout HIOs as follows:-

• 1st to post a HIO here -   5 sleeves.
    • 2nd to post a HIO here -  3 sleeves.
    • 3rd to post a HIO here -   2 sleeves.
    • next 5 to post HIO here - 1 sleeves each.

To enter - simply post your replay.

This will run from now until midnight Sunday (PDT)

In the event that nobody manages to achieve a HIO - then Icon will pay out on the CTTH (on the green).

To enter the CTTH - you need to post your replay in addition to a screen shot of the next screen (the putt screen showing the distance to the hole).

To qualify for CTTH, the ball must be on the green - and the following pay-outs will apply.

• Nearest the pin CTTH 1st place - 3 sleeves.
    • 2nd place -                                    2 sleeves.
    • next 5 closest entries -                 1 sleeve each.

In the event of distance ties - the first to post breaks the tie.

Note: The CTTH prizes only apply if there is no HIO achieved.  Pease post your efforts and I will run a Leader-board for the CTTH competition. Payouts for the CTTH leader board will only be made in the event that no HIO is achieved - although the CTTH Leader-board will continue to be maintained even if there is a HIO scored - and personal glory will be the only CTTH prize (but what could be better than that!!??)

Leader board - Friday 1:00am PDT

Above all else - Have Fun.

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

P.S.  Icon has authorized that 2 events be run while he is away - so Icon's Community Challenge #9 will start this time next week and again run through until Sunday night. In keeping with Icon's desire (fetish) to see something long, #9 will be a pure distance hole-out event on a Par 5. So keep an eye out for that announcement here around this time next week.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:50 AM

Disregard

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:58 AM

Disregard

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 7:59 AM

Almost impossible to HIO there. You need exactly to fly into the hole. Something like to win the National Lottery. I tried around thirty times and when the shot were very good, the ball landed around the hole and ran far away because the green is downhill so the ball won't never stop there! I quit. Tks, bye

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:01 AM

I took his meaning to shoot for a Hole in One, hince the award for the 1st HOI.  Not first shot from the bunker.  Neil, you need to clarify please.

phred952

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:01 AM

Young46:

The wording is a little confusing on this. I am not sure if you mean the bunker that's in the fairway on the right or the actual green side bunker. I did the green side bunker.

Lovely shot, a joy to watch.

I think you may not be eligible though:

hakman123:

I've decided to go with Merion #1.

I'm also slightly confused as to exactly what we're supposed to do.  It sounds like we play Merion #1 as a single hole and try to hole out our second shot, I don't think it has to be from the bunker. The mention of a HIO later in the post makes this a bit unclear though, a holed second shot isn't a hole in one.

I'll go give it a go anyway, trying to hole my second shot.

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:05 AM

Young46:

Decided to do the fairway bunker also just in case  ... actually made the shot first try actually.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=2e2ec2c4-5bfe-4fb2-9912-a69d00f63711

Shot from bunker?! English is not my language, but imo they asked for an HIO from tee, don't they?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:15 AM

Tamsach:

Shot from bunker?! English is not my language, but imo they asked for an HIO from tee, don't they?

Ooohhhhhhh.  You could be right. Never thought of that.

Is it hole 1 or 10 though?  1 is a bit long for a holed tee shot.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 8:17 AM

MainzMan:

Tamsach:

Ooohhhhhhh.  You could be right. Never thought of that.

Is it hole 1 or 10 though?  1 is a bit long for a holed tee shot.

Apparently English is not my language today either ... I should have read it more thoroughly. Luckily it only cost me 10 minutes.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 9:06 AM

This must be for you Big Dogs that can drive the hole and stop on a dime with those balls that has the Triple X Spin. That's why the prize is so great. Happy Whacking :) .

In honor of my favorite cartoon character  Bullwinkle Moose - Hey Rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

Siders Best

RSS