Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 9/29/16 ***

Mon, Oct 3 2016 12:20 PM (30 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 1:58 PM

K7JBQ:

The new l59 putter has some interesting stats. Compared to my trusty l70 Versa is has better precision and quite a bit more forgiveness, but has less balance by 2 full points. But for a mid-level putter it looks nice.

A higher level one with better balance would tempt me to give it a try,

Yeah looks nice but the L55+ Daytona Rossa is going to beat it to the punch . I was and still am a miss ding putter and did fine with the Rossa putter because it held its line very well . Thats where the balance comes in by how well the ball will hold the line when putted . By the Rossa being at L55+ no need for another putter until L70+ then you get the Versa and can be done from there .

When you get there try the L96+ Versa . I thought the L70+ was sweet but the L96+ does even better . It holds the line very well and even performs great on putts with a lot of break .To me the L70 + and L 96+ Versa putters are the best in the pro shop all day long .

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:18 PM

JimbeauC:
    "HUGE DRIVE" dude is still behind my back. 

Confirmed.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:39 PM

My understanding (such as it is) is that the better the balance, the better the putt holds the line, and the better control of distance. The level 70 Versa is the oldest club in my bag, by far, and it would take a lot to make me switch, When my distance is off by a lot, I'm either screwing up, or I'm at Merion.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:22 PM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

Here are the release notes for last night's downtime.

New:

• Flag of Nepal - Now appears correctly

-WGTicon

Thank you Icon. But what is about the flag of my sweet home East Frisia?

• coors71
    656 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 3:54 AM

Dear WGT,

I wish to express my thanks for fixing the Flag of Nepal. I have had sleepless nights over this matter. I am so appreciative that you took this matter so seriously. It has really bothered me for weeks on end. Tossing and turning nightly worrying about it not been displayed correctly. I made a trip to the doctors last week and got some bad news. I am developing an ulcer from the stress it has caused me over the last several weeks. Six different pills, twice daily, and milk by the quarts and I do not like milk!

The doctor suggested a vacation, but I am scared that if I did take one, another flag will not display correctly!! Again I wish to thank you wholeheartedly for you swift action on addressing this one problem. Keep up the good work and maybe now you can start to work on a new ball? I was thinking maybe a hamster or gerbil? OH WAIT!!! A squirrel ball would just be the ticket!!! Can we have one of those? That would be swell!!!! Thank you for all that you do for us.

Sincerely,

Coors71

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 4:11 AM

@Coors 71

Great post. Very funny. I'm sure even icon probably had a smile on his face when typing this crucial "fix" update.

@Flares

As usual, reasonable and logical suggestions. Alas, as I said to Lonnie when he posted his wish list; don't hold your breath. (It has dawned on me this site is not good for people with COPD)

ct

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 4:43 AM

Post this release there has been constant Error 129s "Can't Connect to WGt"   I know it is not my internet as have cable & everything else stays connected and I can access any other website etc etc.    The problem is at WGT's end.    I don't know what it is but please fix it :)

K

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 11:50 AM

alanti:

Gees WGT are trying to make this game easier and easier to learn.

I am sure the abundance of players from Nepal will be pleased....pity about players from the UK are STILL lumped together and cannot display THEIR own flags.

Also good to see a new avatar....but again it is a pity the French still luck out.

Underwhelming to say the least.

And why not a belgium avatar, after all we have a player on the ryder cup for europe

And why not the swedish avatar, after all Stenson win "The Open"

And maybe so many other country wait also

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 12:29 PM

coors71:

I wish to express my thanks for fixing the Flag of Nepal. I have had sleepless nights over this matter. I am so appreciative that you took this matter so seriously. It has really bothered me for weeks on end. Tossing and turning nightly worrying about it not been displayed correctly. I made a trip to the doctors last week and got some bad news. I am developing an ulcer from the stress it has caused me over the last several weeks. Six different pills, twice daily, and milk by the quarts and I do not like milk!

The doctor suggested a vacation, but I am scared that if I did take one, another flag will not display correctly!! Again I wish to thank you wholeheartedly for you swift action on addressing this one problem. Keep up the good work and maybe now you can start to work on a new ball? I was thinking maybe a hamster or gerbil? OH WAIT!!! A squirrel ball would just be the ticket!!! Can we have one of those? That would be swell!!!! Thank you for all that you do for us.

LMFAO....

+ to Belgium, Swedish avatars.......but overall there has been no development in this area for a long time, so hints at the cost vs return being low. Hence why Coors may well see hamster or gerbil balls in the future.

RSS