*** Release notes 9/29/16 ***

Mon, Oct 3 2016 12:20 PM (30 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:56 AM

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:03 AM

The update I really look forward to is missing yet again. 

We really need different availability colors for the cross platform players. 

Of lesser importance:

I haven't ventured out yet, but I'm assuming "HUGE DRIVE" dude is still behind my back. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:08 AM

JimbeauC:

I haven't ventured out yet, but I'm assuming "HUGE DRIVE" dude is still behind my back. 

Do what I do on a very consistent basis: Miss the ding and the dude doesn't say a word.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:59 AM

K7JBQ:

JimbeauC:

Do what I do on a very consistent basis: Miss the ding and the dude doesn't say a word.

LOL!

Awesome! You win the Internet today sir!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 10:32 AM

msulaman:

The putt preview is a very nice feature and the implimentation is well done. Easy to use and has an aesthetically pleasing interface. My concern is that it does not always work properly.

For example I had a 20 ft putt from the fringe at Olympic #2. The hole is 4 in below the ball so I make the power adjustments for elevation and fringe. I set the marker a foot to the high side of the hole and select the Putt Preview mode. A beautiful green line from the ball to the hole shows me I have the right power and line setting. I leave the marker in the same spot and use exactly the same power and hit the ding. However the putt slides by the hole 2 in on the low side and stops 2 ft past the hole. 

I try the same putt again, following the same procedure (same green line to the hole) and get the same result. The putt misses below the hole again. Is this the VEM at work or does this feature need a bit of tweeking?

hi

I am guessing 2 things:

1. it has to do with the slope/speed, the harder the slope is the more chance to not get exact preview. if that line lands on a slope and say 1-2 inches down or more, chances are it wont be exact. Fringe may also play something with it.

2. that line is pretty thick, so i imagine it has some -+ error.

Overall, it's not designed to fine tune the putting, but to just give you some insight for some putts in you want to practice certain lines/speeds. We are just trying it out and any constructive feedback is welcome

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:22 AM

WGTicon:
    2. that line is pretty thick, so i imagine it has some -+ error.

I found it to be the same width as the cup which is good. It's easy to see when it lines up correctly. Plus, when viewing the preview, if the putt is going to drop it has to line up with the cup exactly AND pass through it. 

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:26 AM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

Here are the release notes for last night's downtime.

New:

• Odyssey Sabertooth Putter - Get this new high performance putter in WGT Pro Shop which uses the latest technology and design from Odyssey to improve your putting and lower scores. Unlocks at Level 10Level 40 and Level 59.
    • Putt Preview - Improve your putting skills with the new Putt Preview feature in Practice Mode, that lets you see your projected putt line based on your set aim and power. This is a great training tool for new players as well as experienced WGTers that want to improve their putting.
    • New Virtual Tour Quarterly Season Champion Avatar - The winner of each Quarterly Season (by tier) in the WGT Virtual Tour will get an exclusive new avatar, to wear proudly. Keep an eye out for the newest champs sporting their new avatars on the course!

Fixes and Improvements:

• Consecutive Day Counter - Fixed an issue with players not receiving credit toward their consecutive days counter, when a team was disqualified or forfeited an Alternate Shot game
    • Missing Dots While Putting - Some players weren’t seeing the small white dots on the green while taking a mulligan, so this has been fixed
    • HTML Display - Fixed a display issue where some players saw HTML code after exiting out of an ad
    • Flag of Nepal - Now appears correctly

-WGTicon

How about doing a few key strokes that placed the ad over the continue button?  A few strokes put it there & a few strokes should be able to place it some place else.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:58 PM

WGTicon:
    Putt Preview - Improve your putting skills with the new Putt Preview feature in Practice Mode, that lets you see your projected putt line based on your set aim and power. This is a great training tool for new players as well as experienced WGTers that want to improve their putting.

Doubt it will do ME any good, but where was this 6 years ago?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 1:15 PM

The new l59 putter has some interesting stats. Compared to my trusty l70 Versa is has better precision and quite a bit more forgiveness, but has less balance by 2 full points. But for a mid-level putter it looks nice.

A higher level one with better balance would tempt me to give it a try,

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 1:47 PM

K7JBQ:

The new l59 putter has some interesting stats. Compared to my trusty l70 Versa is has better precision and quite a bit more forgiveness, but has less balance by 2 full points. But for a mid-level putter it looks nice.

A higher level one with better balance would tempt me to give it a try,

That made me wonder too. With more precision and forgiveness, what is sacrificed with that much less balance? I'm thinking it will compensate more for off ding hits, but much harder if you misread a break. I'd like to see a higher level with more balance to equal the L77(?) Method or L70(?) Versa. 

RSS