Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 9/29/16 ***

Mon, Oct 3 2016 12:20 PM (30 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:36 AM

Hi everyone,

Here are the release notes for last night's downtime.

New:

• Odyssey Sabertooth Putter - Get this new high performance putter in WGT Pro Shop which uses the latest technology and design from Odyssey to improve your putting and lower scores. Unlocks at Level 10Level 40 and Level 59.
    • Putt Preview - Improve your putting skills with the new Putt Preview feature in Practice Mode, that lets you see your projected putt line based on your set aim and power. This is a great training tool for new players as well as experienced WGTers that want to improve their putting.
    • New Virtual Tour Quarterly Season Champion Avatar - The winner of each Quarterly Season (by tier) in the WGT Virtual Tour will get an exclusive new avatar, to wear proudly. Keep an eye out for the newest champs sporting their new avatars on the course!

Fixes and Improvements:

• Consecutive Day Counter - Fixed an issue with players not receiving credit toward their consecutive days counter, when a team was disqualified or forfeited an Alternate Shot game
    • Missing Dots While Putting - Some players weren’t seeing the small white dots on the green while taking a mulligan, so this has been fixed
    • HTML Display - Fixed a display issue where some players saw HTML code after exiting out of an ad
    • Flag of Nepal - Now appears correctly

-WGTicon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:42 AM

Gees WGT are trying to make this game easier and easier to learn.

I am sure the abundance of players from Nepal will be pleased....pity about players from the UK are STILL lumped together and cannot display THEIR own flags.

Also good to see a new avatar....but again it is a pity the French still luck out.

Underwhelming to say the least.

• suzz1977
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:58 AM

Thanks for the heasds up.  Now is there a way to turn off this new putt preview?  It doesnt help me putt better, in fact its very distracting.  Thanks.

• deputydog65
    482 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 1:02 AM

Why even bother complaining those go directly to the trash thanks for nothing

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:32 AM

My kilt is the epitome of filth. Clean this,wgt. It has been a staple and a thorn in my side. Front Left Right and wrong side.

Dry Cleaning......You are behind the learning curve of what WE NEED!

WE NEED CLEAN. Period.

I want credit for runnin' around with this kilt and takin' horrible jokes about it.

Nevermind Nobody listens.

I'm tempted to say more. Nah. I flail about.

~txzstarchydave~

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 2:40 AM

alanti:

Also good to see a new avatar....but again it is a pity the French still luck out.

Underwhelming to say the least.

Dont worry about French avatar, it will come "soon" as bank and new levels in CC ^^

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:04 AM

WGTicon:
    New Virtual Tour Quarterly Season Champion Avatar - The winner of each Quarterly Season (by tier) in the WGT Virtual Tour will get an exclusive new avatar, to wear proudly. Keep an eye out for the newest champs sporting their new avatars on the course!

Where is mine? I'm still the current champion tier winner :)

• msulaman
    447 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:12 AM

The putt preview is a very nice feature and the implimentation is well done. Easy to use and has an aesthetically pleasing interface. My concern is that it does not always work properly.

For example I had a 20 ft putt from the fringe at Olympic #2. The hole is 4 in below the ball so I make the power adjustments for elevation and fringe. I set the marker a foot to the high side of the hole and select the Putt Preview mode. A beautiful green line from the ball to the hole shows me I have the right power and line setting. I leave the marker in the same spot and use exactly the same power and hit the ding. However the putt slides by the hole 2 in on the low side and stops 2 ft past the hole. 

I try the same putt again, following the same procedure (same green line to the hole) and get the same result. The putt misses below the hole again. Is this the VEM at work or does this feature need a bit of tweeking?

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:45 AM

It is what it is. Nothing is perfect.  I'm guessing the fringe has something to do with it tho. It could also be the computer caddy has as much trouble following those pesky little dots as we mere mortals do.

• extendinfra
    97 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:51 AM

msulaman:
    it does not always work properly.

Had this same issue and guess what it feels like wgt has tweaked green speeds as well again..

Also it would be great if Put Preview Mode  allowed two previews in a single put showing both the lines just to have a comparison between smacking a put hard to eat breaks and one with exact pin movement...

RSS