Forums

Help › Forums

defying the laws of physics ??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 30 2016 4:16 PM (30 replies)
  • MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:40 PM

We are all very lucky that wgt's laws of physics do not apply to our world, otherwise most of us would be dead.

Here the ball accelerates up the hill and decelerate downhill even on the steep slope, especialy when is dead on the  route to the hole.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:09 PM

lonniescott711

That's some tough love, right there. Of course, it's all true.  :-) 

Well said. 

• PatrikKlun
    8 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:14 AM

Thank you so much for the good information, and the reality check. Probably my score of less than 60, placing me in the top 50 was probably just a fluke; as well as the Diamond Accuracy Award in my first CTTH competition (not counting one country club tournament). There are probably many other tour pros doing that all of the time, I would imagine. 

The specs on the G25s are almost identical; except the G25s are inferior in forgiveness. And, of course, the G25s differ in trajectory. I am so very new to the weeds of this game; so, please, explain to me, how simply high versus medium tragectory will improve my game; even with the downgrade in forgiveness. You seem to know so much. Perhaps, qould it not be smarter to wait for the level 67 Nike Vapor Fly clubs with the 4.1 precision? My instinct says wait for level 67: right or wrong?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:21 AM

PatrikKlun:
    The specs on the G25s are almost identical; except the G25s are inferior in forgiveness. And, of course, the G25s differ in trajectory. I am so very new to the weeds of this game; so, please, explain to me, how simply high versus medium tragectory will improve my game; even with the downgrade in forgiveness. You seem to know so much. Perhaps, qould it not be smarter to wait for the level 67 Nike Vapor Fly clubs with the 4.1 precision? My instinct says wait for level 67: right or wrong?

First, it was my experience that the Ping irons were much more forgiving than their rating. And I believe that my experience reflects the consensus on these boards with respect to those irons. The Ping irons are about the best irons in the shop until you get to about level 85 (IMO). 

Second, higher trajectory irons allow the ball to land more "softly" with less rollout than medium trajectory. That would be especially important if one were hitting to a tucked pin or if there is a drastic change of elevation for the approach shot.

Third, where are you seeing a Nike Vapor Fly set of irons at L67? I guess I'm just not seeing them in the pro shop. But if you're referring to the Nike Vapor Irons (L64), then the reason a person might not want those is that they are, not to belabor the point, medium trajectory clubs. The Ping irons also have a litter slower meter speed. For the upper tiers, you really need high trajectory clubs (IMO). 

While others may see it differently, that's my take. The Ping L59 irons were the first set of irons I purchased. After I started learning the game, I searched the boards for advice on clubs. Those clubs kept getting mentioned over and over again. So that's why I waited. Those clubs took me to legend quite quickly. Can't go wrong with them.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:26 AM

PatrikKlun:
    Probably my score of less than 60, placing me in the top 50 was probably just a fluke; as well as the Diamond Accuracy Award in my first CTTH competition (not counting one country club tournament).

By the way, be sure to let us know how you do in your second, third, and subsequent CTTH competitions. ;-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 11:28 AM

Get the high trajectory irons at the 1st opportunity, that one difference will have a huge impact on your game. 

• dufferpaul79
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:27 PM

Another thing I can't understand is a right to left wind, aim ball to he right of target, hit ball on the buton and it goes to the right into the bunker! This happens a lot. Can't just be me and my standard issue clubs.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:45 PM

PatrikKlun:

Thank you so much for the good information, and the reality check. Probably my score of less than 60, placing me in the top 50 was probably just a fluke; as well as the Diamond Accuracy Award in my first CTTH competition (not counting one country club tournament). There are probably many other tour pros doing that all of the time, I would imagine. 

First you need to stop being so stuck on yourself . At your tier pretty much every thing you do is a gimme . The game at your tier is far easier to play than at the Legend and above tiers .WOW you won a country club tournament hell I have won about 75 of those . I would have to go count to be sure as to the exact number but for sure its way more than 1 .

Now as for the G25s the .5 less foregiveness than the L52+ Nikes does not make them inferior . What foregiveness does is allow you play more off of the ding line or miss by a greater margin with less penalty . So for the off ding player like myself I always go for the clubs with more foregiveness and then precision . But with the 4.0 mdeter speed being a slower meter gives a player the ability to still hit quality shots .

You claim to be a golf expert and you dont know how the differences in trajectory affects ball flight carry or spin .You started caddying at the age of 12 and you dont know anything about clubs ? Clubs with high trajectory gives the ball more loft which can increase distance as well as more spin on the ball and softer landing .

What players in the game call putting spin or top spin on the ball is actually in real golf known as opening or closing the club face . Putting spin on the ball is opening the club face to allow the club to get under the ball . This not only creates loft but also generates spin on the ball . This will allow the ball to stop completely on landing and also allow the player to draw the ball backward if properly applied .

Top spin is closing the club face to reduce the loft and spin on the ball . The ball will have a lower flight path and land with less spin which will result in more roll out of the ball . Your clubs have lower trajectory which means that when you apply spin you are subject to have your shots come up short . The reason is because you have to change your balls flight pattern more so than a club with high trajectory .

High trajectory clubs on the other hand means that you dont have to use as much spin to get loft and when doing so you wont come up short on distance . You get better control performance and overall better scoring with high trajectory  clubs .

I dont know who taught you or where you learned the real game of golf because its evident that it wasnt on a golf course or school . I learned what I know from working on a golf course and I was just doing the course maintenance . Thats right I was a greens keeper and loved it .As for this game I have been playing it every day for 5 years now . June was my 5 year anniversary here at WGT . When I was an addict for the game I played 1333 days before my internet went down and broke my streak . 32 days short from completeing 4 years of cdp .

I dont know it all Im still learning but I do know more than you about this game and golf in general . The fact that you dont know the difference in trajectories says it all for me and everyone else as well . So stop pretending to be more than you are as its not impressing anyone . As for beating Champions the average Champion will have been playing this game at least for 4 years . If you look at their levels you will see they are from L97 and above .

That means they have really put their time in and learned this game .They all play at a level that you have yet to see . You cant even play from the same tees as they do so that just goes to show how far behind in the game you really are . Like I said before I really hate to burst your bubble but thats just the way it is . But if you really think that you can beat a Champion then this is what you do .

Go set up a practice round of stroke play Champion tees Champion green speed you pick the winds and pin locations . Play 9 holes and then shoot -6 under or better than that . Then you will understand my point . Oh I went and did a check between the 2 country clubs that I have been in I have won a total of 78 events . 64 of those wins are in my current club and all were played from the tips .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 3:03 PM

dufferpaul79:

Another thing I can't understand is a right to left wind, aim ball to he right of target, hit ball on the buton and it goes to the right into the bunker! This happens a lot. Can't just be me and my standard issue clubs.

Yes, it can and does.

• PatrikKlun
    8 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 7:57 PM

Uh, stuck on myself? Actually, I would say, I am quite humble; especially considering, the awards, which you have for holes-in one in CTTH and in Accuracy in CTTH, took you more than four long years to achieve. I, on the other hand, replicated those awards in less than two days of partaking in a month-long, worldwide CTTH competition (not a country club competition: so, let's keep our facts straight) with the best of the best. So; given, I had far less experience, used inferior equiptment to all of the champions and legends, who finished in the top 50 with me (handicap); I would go as far to too say, in the words of the late and great Mohammed Ali: I shook up the world! I am the greatest! 

I won't embarrass you (or WGT) or be condescending towards you (as you were towards me) with my expert information regarding the realities of various club specs and trajectories. I will reiterate tho, I am an expert in golf: have had a hole-in-one in real life; can bang out  230 yrds with a draw on the shot with a 5 iron; and have read the greens, given the exact distances and directions to the yard for even sometimes PGA pros. The level 59 are tho roughly 18% less forgiving, have a narrower range of distance, and are exactly the same in meter (300 credits cheaper): no appreciable improvement.

RSS