Forums

Help › Forums

defying the laws of physics ??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 30 2016 4:16 PM (30 replies)
  • jamesfox1973
    104 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:20 AM

how can u hit a 200yr iron shot with +12/14 wind and still land 195 which is less then the club length....in what reality would such a thing happen..lol

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:34 AM

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:46 AM

@jamesfox1973 

I agree with the person above. The problem is probably the starter balls. Try the Callaways L33+ balls. I think you'll see a huge difference. In fact, I'll send you a sleeve. They're probably the best value in the pro shop and have both great distance and spin.

Enjoy!

• PatrikKlun
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:00 AM

There can be many reasons for this. If you have a a 12 to 14 mph tailwind on a shot; it will have less of a positive effect, than a 10-12 mph headwind will have a negative effect.  You have to also consider relative change in elevation: if you are hitting to a spot 10 ft. higher in elevation from your position on a 200 yard shot, this could easily be the answer. Pehaps you didn't hit the shot exactly on the sweet spot: a fractional second to early or too late could reduce the distance. 

From some tees (for example) yoz can hit a longer shot with a 3 wood than with a driver, if ypu are hitting to higher ground, because of the higher trajectory of the 3 wood. 

The balls are probably not your problem. I use balls, rated either a 4 or 5 for distance; and I find, they are pretty much worthless.

• PatrikKlun
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:30 PM

James, I see the two other replies. Granted, after having conducted some equiptment evaluations, I can share some information with you. For instance, these evaluations I conducted during a CTTH competition, in which I am in the top 50. I am certain, I have the skill to win the competition outright, even among those of champion tier; but the promised specs of the equiptment are sadly deficient. I am using Nike Vapor Fly Irons, which pn paper look excellent, but in reality are poor. With the Vapor Fly clubs you should be able to tap within thr light blue area, and still be within an acceptable area of the rated distance of the club; but this is not the case. The paramaters of the game are also very bad: if you tap the target marker and keep your finger on it, the color of the arc indicates, if you have enough club for the shot: sadly it doesn't factor in hitting to lower or higher ground. The programmers have really screwed this one up. The Vapor Fly vlubs are medium trajecory, and therefore should give considerably more distance, when hitting to lower ground; but, when I attempt to hit a 180 yd club to a pin 183 (23 or 28 ft. down), the club underperforms when reducing the shot marginally (95-97% strength). The 5 rated (for distance) Nike balls also add no extra distance. Anyway, good luck. Maybe things will improve in the future.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:24 PM

jamesfox1973:

how can u hit a 200yr iron shot with +12/14 wind and still land 195 which is less then the club length....in what reality would such a thing happen..lol

Was the wind  a cross wind a knock down wind an angled wind a head wind or tail wind ? What spin did you put ob the ball if any and was there any elevation ? These are just some of the reasons as to why you got the results that you did . Its part of the game .

• GolfingSeti
    92 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:35 PM

WGT clearly has never mastered the wind thing. Nor I doubt troubled themselves much trying to fix it. I've often wished, usually from a bunker or the brush after the wind had zero or an insane effect on my ball/shot, they would just go no wind condition as a default.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:43 PM

PatrikKlun:

James, I see the two other replies. Granted, after having conducted some equiptment evaluations, I can share some information with you. For instance, these evaluations I conducted during a CTTH competition, in which I am in the top 50. I am certain, I have the skill to win the competition outright, even among those of champion tier; but the promised specs of the equiptment are sadly deficient. I am using Nike Vapor Fly Irons, which pn paper look excellent, but in reality are poor. With the Vapor Fly clubs you should be able to tap within thr light blue area, and still be within an acceptable area of the rated distance of the club; but this is not the case. The paramaters of the game are also very bad: if you tap the target marker and keep your finger on it, the color of the arc indicates, if you have enough club for the shot: sadly it doesn't factor in hitting to lower or higher ground. The programmers have really screwed this one up. The Vapor Fly vlubs are medium trajecory, and therefore should give considerably more distance, when hitting to lower ground; but, when I attempt to hit a 180 yd club to a pin 183 (23 or 28 ft. down), the club underperforms when reducing the shot marginally (95-97% strength). The 5 rated (for distance) Nike balls also add no extra distance. Anyway, good luck. Maybe things will improve in the future.

I hate to burst your bubble but the clubs at your level are not top shelf clubs . I see that you started playing last month and are a L58 Tour Pro  . You have played:

67 ranked rounds

G.I.R. 58.42%

AVG, DISTANCE TO PIN 19FT .

Until you get to the real quality club level and learn how to use them a top quality ball will do you no good . Also you havent played that many CTTH events to really know how they play either . Your best score is 89.65 in the current event you are playing . The Champion leader that you feel you can beat has posted 28.41 .

You may want to put some more time in before you start comparing yourself to or above the Champion tier players . The majority of us have spent more time in the weeds than you have in the game .

Your clubs will perform based on the level of precision forgiveness and trajectory . Learn your clubs and how spin affects your shots . Play practice rounds because you really dont have a clue as to what you are doing . 

Your clubs are MED trajectory which has lower ball flight you need clubs with high trajectory . Stop wasting your credits on 650 credit sleeves of balls they wont help you . Get the Tour SDs at 65 credits a sleeve they will do until you can get the G25s at level 59 .

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:49 PM

• PatrikKlun
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:47 PM

You're not bursting my bubble: the CTTH is a month long unlimited, which I only began playing yesterday. My score is actually 59.63; and that is not by chance, it is skill. I am currently in 46th place; and I don't see any other tour pros posting any scores close to it. So, here's a dose of reality: yes, I could certainly beat a champion; and have beaten many legends and champipns already in this competition. I certainly have a clue, as to what I am doing: I am a golf expert since 1981, when I began caddying at the of 12. The beauty of WGT is: it is not a gamer's game; it's a golfer's game! You need ro understand golf thoroughly, in order to play it well. 

Don't go on about MED, when the club's were simply not living up to its billing. 

RSS