Forums

Help › Forums

A tribute to Andyson

Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:18 PM (119 replies)
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 7:56 PM

he has a long list of 'HELP my computer is screwed and Im about to throw it through the window' posts on Skype. good guy. RIP mister. always asked him to give his doggies a extra ear rub from me.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 1:10 AM

mrcaddie:

Ducati916:
    and I had relayed to him that this particular town actually has a dirt golf course...yes...all dirt

Ducati,

I remember that thread and the pictures of the course. I couldn't believe people actually played golf in those conditions. Unreal.

It must be Snake Hole in Apache Junction: http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/golf/articles/20140203apache-junction-snake-hole-golf-club-dirt-no-grass.html

As a fan of pasture golf I must say I approve.

• pmm711
    5,520 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 1:33 AM

Andyson was a trip...and a WGT Tour Champion in our minds.  How about WGT's?

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:49 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

I just wanted to start this thread to express our condolences to his family and friends.  Andyson was a huge asset to this game and we will miss him greatly.

I would love it if other players in this game would post a funny story or fond memory of him in this thread.

- WGTdbloshoe

ct690911:

Shoe, although this is a nice gesture on your part, it is way late to the party. There have been several lengthy threads dedicated to Andyson and what he meant to this community.

In each of those threads, WGT has been asked to do something more tangible to honor him. A yearly tournament named for him; elevation to Tour Champion; were but a couple of ideas.

I'm a bit gobsmacked the only response from wgt is to start, yet another, thread?

ct

+1

I do have to say ,,,shoe,,,,,

As ct has mentioned MANY, MANY VERY NICE comments have been made about our dear friend in so many other post . Not only comments but players have strolled down memory lane in some of these post.

What we need now as a community is more than just "a stroll down memory lane" we need "ACTION" on the part of WGT. 

I think moderator icon has indicated in a very brief post that WGT was looking into a tribute but since then in typical WGT fashion - NOTHING.

I have to agree with ct. The last thing we / the WGT community wants is another thread strolling down memory lane, we need a thread of ACTION. What do I mean by all this?

We need WGT to ask us, the community members, for ideas, suggestions of how we can memorialize andyson. Lets get with it! My goodness. All we are looking for as a community is for WGT to reach out to us and get some ideas or suggestions. Put a time line on the thread because I am certain you will get 20, 30 maybe even 40 different ideas and or suggestions but at the very least WGT would be reaching out and then taking some action.

andyson was loved by many but at the same time there are many here that didn't even know andyson because of the yearly turn over WGT has. It is us old timers, which btw are getting fewer and fewer, that knew anyson "personally".

Let be be the first with a suggestion. A andyson Memorial Tournament. It doesn't have to be yearly. It could be a one time"Pay to Play" tournament with ALL proceeds going to The National Heart Foundation. Just something for all of us that knew him and for those who didn't know him could do in his honor and at the same time playing for a great cause.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:33 AM

I'm not on much any more and I just heard about Andy's passing this week when MrCaddie told me.   Very sad.  He was one of a kind ... once in a while he would send me previews of his "work" to get my reactions .. he always made me laugh.

His first "WGT Hitler" video was classic.  If I knew how to resurrect it and put it here for those who don't remember it .. i would.   Alas I have no clue .. if anyone does ... it epitomizes Andy's sense of humor.

RIP Andy ... you'll be missed.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:45 AM

lvietri:
    s first "WGT Hitler" video was classic.  If I knew how to resurrect it and put it here for those who don't remember it .. i would.   Alas I have no clue .. if anyone does ... it epitomizes Andy's sense of humor.

I will look through Youtube and see if i can find it:)  Andy did upload most of his stuff to there

I only found 1 and it was a test run:)  Maybe Andy's youtube account has been closed because there should have been quite a few uploads

https://www.youtube.com/user/andysonsvideos

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:50 AM

lvietri:

I'm not on much any more and I just heard about Andy's passing this week when MrCaddie told me.   Very sad.  He was one of a kind ... once in a while he would send me previews of his "work" to get my reactions .. he always made me laugh.

His first "WGT Hitler" video was classic.  If I knew how to resurrect it and put it here for those who don't remember it .. i would.   Alas I have no clue .. if anyone does ... it epitomizes Andy's sense of humor.

RIP Andy ... you'll be missed.

I have it on my tribute page to andy LINK

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:09 AM

lvietri:
    His first "WGT Hitler" video was classic.

Yes! "We tweaked the rough!" What a splendid word, "tweak," and so apt. Somehow even if the Fuhrer were an English speaker, I don't think "tweak" would be in his vocabulary. To this day it continues to give me chuckles at unexpected times.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 11:50 AM

Good ole Andy,  sorely missed.   One of my favorite personal Gifs  I mean gifts from Andy was back in the Yellow Craz days when the yellows finally were available.  

Or this...

And this.  I actually have this driver at home, may just add the Hpurey and TourLegend on it in his honor.  :)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:31 PM

I have contacted WGT / Topgolf regarding elevating Andysons' status to Tour Champion ( IMO, the very least that should be done). There are many ideas that have been floated as a means of recognizing his contributions here, but , those things can take time. This should not. Once again, I call on WGT to rectify the glaring omission of him from a status so well deserved.

photo Andyson suit_zpslohicn8f.jpg

Doc

RSS