Forums

Help › Forums

why is my wedge broken ??....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:43 PM (23 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 11:53 AM

Looks like the new tee marker for the next clash.

whooshdangit:

PaulTon:

...work it out with a pencil.

He seems to have had a partial success yesterday, my caddy came across this,

described it as a "half decent flop attempt".

Cheers!

Rich

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:02 PM

Hi K7

That sounds like an idea!  And each one unique, none of this mass produced ..  er..crap.  It would take some advance planning though, 36 individual pieces would take time. And dedication.

Accompanied by custom flags, maybe softer than usual and perforated. Easy then for your caddy to tear off a couple of squares, just in case. Definately better than the handful of wiry fescue provided at St. Andrews.

Cheers!

Rich

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:04 PM

MainzMan:

At the risk of derailing a wonderfully funny turd thread I'd like to offer some advice here.

Alright, I confess ! Sometimes a guy's just gotta doo what a guy's gotta doo ! Cleanup in isle three, oops, make that 30/40 rough Oakmont.

Doc :)

• MHanson326
    74 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:43 PM

you have to take in account that even though the ball goes up there'll be a decline somewhere and if you hit the decline with normal  speeds it'll take off from there. that's why you have to look past the cup or determine how many feet from the cup where the break starts to get a more accurate read.

if the decline is 10 ft before the cup then that's where you'd basically want to base your power and gs on and not the actual distance to the cup itself even uphill

RSS