Forums

Help › Forums

why is my wedge broken ??....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:43 PM (23 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:35 AM

The OP should use the constipated mathematicians method to solve this puzzle...

...work it out with a pencil.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:46 AM

PaulTon:

...work it out with a pencil.

He seems to have had a partial success yesterday, my caddy came across this,

described it as a "half decent flop attempt".

Cheers!

Rich

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:10 AM

That's not the OPs.

The playername of the guy that did that is; MrWhippy.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:17 AM

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:54 AM

PaulTon:

That's not the OPs.

The playername of the guy that did that is; MrWhippy.

Thanks Paul. I didn't actually see the thing first hand, and no way of making a direct comparison.

I tend to agree with you though, it does seem to have been crimped off with a flourish.

Cheers!

Rich

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:58 AM

As a newbie, I have to say for a player who has been here 6 years yet is still having these, to me, very basic issues, would be cause for concern. 

The main things that contribute to a reasonable shot is the player and the ball. The player selects the club, the target and determines the strength of shot. That leaves the ball. Would a starter ball cause such problems?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:52 AM

whooshdangit:

it does seem to have been crimped off with a flourish.

Cheers!

Rich

Ohmasides!! Tears, laughing at that!

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:58 AM

Hi Phil

If there are any small problems then using a starter ball would magnify the issue, or make it worse even. The clubs are designed to perform the same for everyone, the difference being the player wielding said club.

When things aren't flowing smoothly it's easy to blame everything else but the obvious, a broken wedge? I've often wanted to but never even come close.

I did see something about his putting woes this morning but banned myself from looking. Will have a read later. However all said and done, this players greatest problem seems to be his spelling.

Cheers!

Rich

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 11:39 AM

PhilEStein:

As a newbie, I have to say for a player who has been here 6 years yet is still having these, to me, very basic issues, would be cause for concern. 

At the risk of derailing a wonderfully funny turd thread I'd like to offer some advice here.

It's been said about a million times but clearing your flash cache really does cure many problems.  When you change clubs it's possible for some of the attributes of the old clubs to be somehow left behind, corrupting the files that dictate how your clubs play.   Try clearing it on a regular basis.

If the problem is really persistent then you may have to consider something drastic.  I hear colonic irrigation can work wonders.  Just be sure not to flash the nurse or you may have to hand over a lot of cash.

RSS