Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:36 AM

ct690911:

You are correct Razza...and if that is the norm in that forum, then so be it. But each forum has its own rhythm. Maybe they don't know each other in the auto forum, maybe they do. For the purposes of this forum, I merely suggested it would be helpful to provide context.

ct

You havent posted anything wrong CT nothing at all . You would assume that in the other forum being mentioned they would know each other . They form ties and friendships just like we do here . Players here are and become known from interacting in the forums . A prime example Andyson look at the forum reponses to the news of his death and the respect that has been shown as well .

Another example the thread "MIA Where are they Now " Where players tried to find out about the well being of players who have become friends but are no longer around .So the OP is not the first stranger to post a good bye in the forums . Nor are they the first to get the responses that he received .

So since the OP didnt take any offense to any of the posts concerning them why should any of you ?

• Robert1893
    7,674 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:38 AM

ct690911:
    You are correct Razza...and if that is the norm in that forum, then so be it. But each forum has its own rhythm. Maybe they don't know each other in the auto forum, maybe they do. For the purposes of this forum, I merely suggested it would be helpful to provide context.

Well, that's just it. Every discussion board has its own culture. It's important to understand the culture of that board before posting anything. And then even after having posted, one should have a good idea what the norms of that board are. So what's perfectly normal and expected on one board will, at times, look very odd on another board.

• Robert1893
    7,674 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:44 AM

fatdan:
    Until now a couple of people made this thread more about them than you, somehow their benchmark as to the quality of a mans life comes down to how well he plays this game,

Of course, I don't recall anyone ever posting anything like that. But I suppose I could have missed it. 

fatdan:
    I would assume because they have never really accomplished anything in real life that even come close to being good at playing a "game", very sad!

I'd be willing to bet most people who have posted in this thread, if not all, have accomplished a number of things in their lifetime. I think you make some pretty broad assumptions based on very little information, if you're basing your assumptions simply on the posts in this thread. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:54 AM

Robert1893:

fatdan:
    Until now a couple of people made this thread more about them than you, somehow their benchmark as to the quality of a mans life comes down to how well he plays this game,

Of course, I don't recall anyone ever posting anything like that. But I suppose I could have missed it. 

I reckon "Just goes to show how selfish they are as a person IMO just sayin", with the only "evidence" being the original post and their playing history, comes pretty close.  It was certainly unfair, even if the op didn't complain about it.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:54 PM

Well, you've got to admit, this post was rather captivating.  A simple farwell got blown right out the water.  Read every single page.  Things you do when you cant walk much due to shattered heel & anckle lol..    I really enjoyed thi spost.  Good Luck George.  And has YankieJim and Lonniescott made up yet??

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:11 PM

i try to read what someone has written on our forums without making "snap" judgements.  the orginal post didn't cause me any grief, but it did seem strange.  in general the strange and the unknown will usually do one or the other, bring out the best or worst in people.  the last entry by the orginal poster should eliminate all of that, and it was very welcome, thank you.....my nickle and NOW everyone eles's also.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:26 PM

chrisironsbones:

Well, you've got to admit, this post was rather captivating.  A simple farwell got blown right out the water.  Read every single page.  Things you do when you cant walk much due to shattered heel & anckle lol..    I really enjoyed thi spost.  Good Luck George.  And has YankieJim and Lonniescott made up yet??

Nothing to make up over . Jim has his opinion and I have mine . I still respect him and have no reason not to . He and I have had our differences on topics in the past and will do so in the future  more than likely . But no matter how ornery or stubborn he may get he`s still a good guy .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:36 PM

DodgyPutter:

Robert1893:

fatdan:

I reckon "Just goes to show how selfish they are as a person IMO just sayin", with the only "evidence" being the original post and their playing history, comes pretty close.  It was certainly unfair, even if the op didn't complain about it.

I would appreciate it if you didnt take a sentence out of my post to falsely make your point . If you want to troll fine but use your own words dont twist the words of others . Using one sentence from a paragraph is very poor "evidence" and also "unfair" and it had nothing to do with the quality of their life nor how they played the game . Just sayin 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:17 PM

lonniescott711:
    I would appreciate it if you didnt take a sentence out of my post to falsely make your point . If you want to troll fine but use your own words dont twist the words of others . Using one sentence from a paragraph is very poor "evidence" and also "unfair" and it had nothing to do with the quality of their life nor how they played the game . Just sayin 

I wasn't trolling and I don't think I twisted your words.   I genuinely thought saying that about someone, especially with no reason, was awful.  Here's the whole paragraph. 

"Thye were never a friend to anyone nor seemed to try to let anyone be their friend as well .They havent even responded to any of the posts nor thanked anyone who thought they were worth being defended . Just goes to show how selfish they are as a person IMO just sayin . But no need for anyone to get bent out of shape over this . Because ladies and gentlemen Elvis has left the building ."

The whole paragraph is judgmental and based on guesswork, but the main point is that you don't say how selfish they were as a player (of this game) but "as a person".  Anyway you say above it wasn't about how they played the (this) game.   Hopefully I'm done with this subject.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:18 PM

lonniescott711:
    He and I have had our differences on topics in the past and will do so in the future  more than likely

Yeah, we probably will. Maybe even get through one without name calling. Funny way to respect someone.

RSS