Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • firemangeorge
    15 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:26 PM

I've been a member here for about 7 years but the time has come to call it quits. Why ? Well it seems my move up to the Legend tier has rendered the game almost unplayable for me. I made it all those years with some basic equipment. Old Rapture clubs and basic putter, wedges and free balls served me well.

Now that I am a Legend and have been moved back to the "tips", I just can't compete and don't find it enjoyable at all. Not interested in spending the money to upgrade my clubs either. Just not worth it for me personally.

Anyhow. Not knocking WGT. It is what it is. I used to play this game for the simple fun and enjoyment but when they moved my retired, senior *** back to the pro tees, well that was the end of the adventure.

Been fun. Take care.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 10:00 PM

The game is meant to be a challenge or it just gets boring. Even with basic clubs as you have, you are still shooting OK....and has cost you very little

It is about setting yourself challenges. but as you have made your mind up you cannot cope with big boy tees.....ciao.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:44 PM

from what i can see very little $ was spent over the period..Quite the bargan!

he enjoyed the play, so long as he was competative without expending cash for better equipment, it was fine.  now that he is in the position of not being as competative he chooses to leave rather than spend any $.

i would think that wgt at most levels and tiers with moderate outlay of money is an enterainment bargan for an adult.  marbles probablly cheaper.  weak excuse to leave unless his finianical affairs are worse than mine.  my nickle.

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:52 PM

firemangeorge:
    Now that I am a Legend and have been moved back to the "tips", I just can't compete and don't find it enjoyable at all. Not interested in spending the money to upgrade my clubs either. Just not worth it for me personally.

I get that but how about trying the WGT BXD ball with 1 dot of distance? While it is not free it is close to free at .10 credits per sleeve and could help from the back tee.  Just a thought you could continue to enjoy the game for not much at all.

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:18 AM

Cheerio George, nice to see someone bow out gracefully rather than disappear in a cloud of smoke and fury. Enjoy your leisure time sir.  : )

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:34 AM

Even in that situation, there's still plenty of free fun to be had playing Alt Shot.

I doubt if you will find a better waste of time out there...

• Bluesteelie
    2,021 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:01 AM

Paul you crack me up all the time bro, When i want a good laugh i look for your posts.

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 5:21 AM

WGT is like any hobby or pastime. A person gets out what he/she puts in. Is WGT worth a few cups of coffee per month for balls, or the price of a large pizza for clubs, which will last much longer?...to me it is.

ct

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 5:52 AM

ct690911:

Still don't get why people need to publicly announce their departure. If ^^^ is too rich for your blood, simply say good bye to your CC mates and leave. They might care.

I think it depends who that person is.  If someone like YankeeJim, ScottHope or PaulTon were to announce their retirement then most of us would see what a loss they'd be.

The fact is that someone with a total of 14 posts is going to be pretty much unknown in the forums and therefore the number of people who are interested will be low.  In this case it's pretty much a waste of time and keyboard life to make that 14th post.

Sorry if this sounds cold hearted, it's just the truth.

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 5:58 AM

7 years x 1 survey a week would have earned you enough credits to buy everything you needed to compete from the tips.

Bob/HO

RSS