Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 5:23 PM

Yo yo ya'll

i don't know about nickels much but I wish anyone and everyone would use my tag line as often as possible ✌️  Not sure if that's a metaphor or double entendres or whatchamacallit 

puff puff pass....

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:53 PM

duffer19:

Yo yo ya'll

i don't know about nickels much but I wish anyone and everyone would use my tag line as often as possible ✌️  Not sure if that's a metaphor or double entendres or whatchamacallit 

puff puff pass....

sounds like an old cushman 1940-50's, motor scooter.....lol.  my nickle and everyone else's.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:21 PM

Ironically, Canada has long dispensed with the one cent coin. Our lowest currency denomination is the nickel.

Given it costs more to produce a penny than its' face value, I suspect the US will eventually follow suit.

ct

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:41 PM

duffer19:
    my tag line

duffer19:
    puff puff pass....

Hmmmm,  if you rotate the "d" in your username 180 degrees things start to make sense.

HEHEHE

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:09 PM

ct690911:

Ironically, Canada has long dispensed with the one cent coin. Our lowest currency denomination is the nickel.

Given it costs more to produce a penny than its' face value, I suspect the US will eventually follow suit.

ct

how then could we in the US sell everything for ??.99 ? hmmmm.  my nickle and everyone else's.

• firemangeorge
    15 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:42 AM

Came back to see if there would be any replies to my post. Wow. 15 pages worth. Some with insight and advice and a lot of posts that wandered off topic. But that's typical of any forum. I would like to clear a few things up though.

Sorry if I offended the regulars by posting the original. It was implied I didn't have enough participation on this forum to even be making such a post. I am a member of a very large automotive forum. I've got about 6000 posts on that forum. We have people post up farewells all the time on that forum. Sold car, totalled it, tired of the forum are all reasons given. The members usually just wish them well and that's it. Guess things work a little different on WGT.

As far as not trying to upgrade gear and take advantage of the "free" stuff available. No, I didn't. As stated, I just played WGT for the fun. It was not one of my hobbies.It was like a game of Solitaire to me. Just something to pass the time. If you went to the trouble to check some of my past games, you'll see that they were solo ones. Weekly stroke play, uneven lies, etc. Just something to pass the time

Someone stated I never contributed to my CC. Guess what ? I never joined one. Apparently I was made a member of one without being asked. I just ignored any time something came up regarding my membership in this club. Made a post about this a long while back and ask how to resign from that club. Never did figure out how to.

My personal situation is just fine. Retired professional Firefighter/EMT after 30 years of service. In fact, I now work at a local golf course near my home.

All in all folks, the original was a simple goodbye. But my lesson learned was that's not how things are done on the WGT forums. Wasn't looking for any hand outs to keep me playing. Money situation is fine. I'd rather spend my cash on real golf or one of my other hobbies. Was just stating a reason for leaving. There was a small little rant in there regarding the tier up, I'll admit that. But it was directed to the site not the players here.

I may be leaving the game but a good forum is always interesting. 

Take care

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:51 AM

firemangeorge:
    All in all folks, the original was a simple goodbye.

Goodbye and good luck in whatever you do :-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:04 AM

On the CC thing; you stayed for the free putter pal and quite right too it wasn't harming anyone.

• pmm711
    5,536 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:58 AM

OK...we heard directly from the horse's mouth...

now let's do it to this post too...

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:10 AM

firemangeorge:
    Was just stating a reason for leaving.

And that's how the majority (I think) took your post. and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm sure if you even hinted, you couldn't live without WGT, but you just can't afford playing, your bag would've been filled by now. 

You seem like someone, who has his act together, knows what he wants and isn't afraid to simply say it. Kudos and have fun, whatever you do.

P.S.: Just wanted the first judgement of your latest post to be a positive one, judging by recent past, some other won't be, lol.

RSS