Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson should be made a Tour Champion.

Mon, Aug 29 2016 7:24 PM (87 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 6:05 PM

I think they should do a Nation Tournament in his name. It could be the most entered tournament they have ever had.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 6:13 PM

YankeeJim:

They didn't, just the search function for it.

Andyson

Same thing IMO and effectively has been removed unless you have a direct link.

This may have been on request of his family (might be inundated with emails)

Bearing this in mind, I would be surprised if this status is elevated.......but if possible it is 100% a yes from me.

I have always said WGT should have a wall of remembrance, but I acknowledge this would be hard to quantify and would have to be locked (administered by only the mods).

But having a locked thread where players could be nominated for exceptional contributions to the community would be cool and at the discretion of the company - Andy would surely have to be a contender.

As for a tourney - all for it but do not make it limited to Nation Members :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 7:56 PM

YankeeJim:
    -he made Legend before me-

If memory serves, I think Andy was one of the "promoted" Legends, when WGT did/re-did, the new tiers, levels, etc...Sept. of 2010?

While YOU sand bagged to stay a TM in the Ryder Cup, as I recall;)Hey YJ...you admitted it publicly, and if Andy was here, he'd dig up the old post!

Forthose wondering, YJ wasn't playing for credits, etc, but the tourney (think it was a Ryder Cup), was spec'ed by Tiiers, and Team USA needed YJ to stay at TM...twas public knowledge....but just thought I'd remind him:)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 8:11 PM

Absolutely both the Tour Champion designation and a Virtual Tour tournament named in his honor are in order.

Aye times 1000

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 11:55 PM

AYE AYE !!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 12:20 AM

PaulTon:

No, it is not a joke Eric, we have lost Andyson.

lonnieskinner:

Eric, a post from someone in his country club said he had a massive heart attack and passed on July 4th. Prayers for his family.

Man oh man ......... : (((

Here is the thing, here & in almost any forum in the net, you get to know the person through their meaning whether positive or negative...then suddenly the "other" internet person/friend/colleague, etc, is not there any longer, it vanishes the same way it appeared...almost out of the blue!!!!

Very, very sad to hear he has passed away, really, he was standing on my side every single time I posted 3D graphical stuff about WGT, I guess we shared something together and that makes me sad....very. We both used lots of time making fun stuff using WGT as subject, I must said he mastered big time : )))

I am sorry not to share the TC promotion any longer, I do not see the point because he is sadly not here with us, I rather see WGT making a feature (equipment, level, tournament, etc) where Andy is remembered as long as WGT exist. 

Sad Eric

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 3:21 AM

Would be a very nice gesture by Wgt and it would not hurt them one bit to do it.  So I say AYE   !!!

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 9:14 AM

PaulTon:
    All in agreement say AYE!

Aye. 

Sorely missed.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 9:26 AM

My vote remains a resounding yes. I hope the Mods are taking notice of the many threads in Andyson's honour.

ct

• dekronk
    238 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2016 2:10 PM

Definitely aye.

RSS