Andyson should be made a Tour Champion.

Mon, Aug 29 2016 7:24 PM (87 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 1:33 PM

Y

garyk49:

ct690911:

Fully agree. Phiber was awarded this posthumously, and I believe that Andyson also merits the honor.

Further, my CC has a memorial wall for those in the CC who have passed. Sadly, we just added another name.

Given that actual criteria has never been determined (by invite only?), I recommend wgt use this "Tour Champion" tier as a de facto memorial wall. To honor those members who have made a significant impact on the wgt community. 

ct

Cannot agree more with this.  Absolutely AYE.  A number of others need to be there also, but not the time for names

R. I. P. Andy

es,     

Yes, by all means.

Appearently I have not been trolling the forums as I shudd.  I have not read that Andyson is no longer with us.  Only that inquires were being made.

He was a bright glowing light in the darkest days of wgt.  I know he is at peace.  MY NICKLE.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:20 PM

AYE!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:36 PM

Alla ; )))

EDIT...

OUCH!!!...is it true he has passed away or it is only a bad joke?, if so, what happened? I have being exchanging info with him not long ago.......

: (((((

Eric

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:19 PM

No, it is not a joke Eric, we have lost Andyson.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:25 PM

Eric, a post from someone in his country club said he had a massive heart attack and passed on July 4th. Prayers for his family.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:35 PM

lonnieskinner:
    Eric, a post from someone in his country club said he had a massive heart attack and passed on July 4th. Prayers for his family.

Oh hell, I had missed that very sad piece of news, that's genuinely upsetting.

To the question at hand, aye.

Nigel.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:36 PM

I will give it a yes vote LOL

But I am not sure andy would approve, he worked pretty hard at keeping his Legend status if you want the truth LMAO

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:01 PM

AYE

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:21 PM

it is so sad that his profile page cannot be accessed anymore through a player search as his page is loaded with a lot of his famous work...

oh well must be a good reason for it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 5:16 PM

fatdan:
    But I am not sure andy would approve, he worked pretty hard at keeping his Legend status if you want the truth LMAO

Ironic you say that because, of all the players I have come to meet over the years, Andyson was the most legitimate TL I know in the end. He made it the way the game was designed, letting his natural ability reward him. When he made TL he personified what it takes to make the grade when all you do is exert yourself. He was genuine. I salute him for that.

I oftentimes busted on him for his lagging behind-he made Legend before me-but he was insistent. He played his game and stood fast. At 60.06 he was a sconce away from Champion. He was in no rush, he let the game dictate it. 

My favorite memory of Andyson was a discussion we had after he qualified for the VUSO last year at CBay. I congratulated him and in relating the final holes he mentioned all his calculations and then added a "VEM factor." A VEM factor?? Man, I was all over him for that and that's when I realized how he played-he didn't miss a trick. He might have outsmarted himself, going that deep, but that was Andyson.

Oh, I'm going to miss those discussions.  :(

RSS