Help › Forums

3w and Hybrid specs

Mon, Sep 26 2016 6:51 PM (38 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 2:56 PM

Ct and others are somewhat correct. *faints*

Forget the hybrid.

Try punching your existing 3wd from 30-40% rough, add a sprinkling of top spin, ensure you hit the fairway with the first bounce, and you'll be pleasantly surprised by the result.

You'll still have 3 slots for those Cleveland wedges you yearn for and extra credits to go towards their purchase when the time comes... and you won't need a Zimmer frame to visit the Pro Shop either.

:)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 4:47 PM

" Ct and others are somewhat correct. *faints* "

I'm usually somewhat correct. I've just learned to keep the words simpler...lol

ct

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2016 10:17 PM

Vaibhav5viv:

Jas, if I am correct in my understanding about the compression of meter its kind of expected that the 3H, despite the same stats, would have a wider spread that 3W as its the 'lower' club. You can see similar pattern with your irons maybe if u switch from a PW to 3i. Rest everything what Hpurey said.

That's logical. Except for the fact that even my driver and every club I've ever used has more spread than that Vapor 3W. It's really only useful trying to reach the green on long par 4's and almost always leaves me in a green side bunker. When I do hit the green I usually roll into the rough behind it.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 12:33 AM

Robert1893:

Vaibhav5viv:
    Thats pretty irrelevant in this context.

Well, since he's considering purchasing a hybrid, it seems pretty relevant to me. :-) 

Not at the expense of a 3rd wedge. Its a substituent of the 3wd. The Adams 3H would cover all par 3s till legend tees too with better performance than 3wd.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 4:39 AM

All this discussion is now moot, as the original poster has purchased the Adams l63 hybrid to replace the 3W..  It has the exact same specs as the Vapor 3W she had problems with, except for the distance:  225 yds vs 235 yds.

As she is  a Tour pro, playing from the medium tees, it will probably work fine for now.  Once she moves up to Master and the hard tees, I think she will miss that extra 10 yards of distance the 3W has to offer.  Some par 4's will not be reachable in 2 with that club.

phred952.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 7:26 AM

phred952:

All this discussion is now moot, as the original poster has purchased the Adams l63 hybrid to replace the 3W..  It has the exact same specs as the Vapor 3W she had problems with, except for the distance:  225 yds vs 235 yds.

As she is  a Tour pro, playing from the medium tees, it will probably work fine for now.  Once she moves up to Master and the hard tees, I think she will miss that extra 10 yards of distance the 3W has to offer.  Some par 4's will not be reachable in 2 with that club.

phred952.

I agree...I used the BB 3 wood and had problems with it (lack of forgiveness) ...I eventually purchased the level 86 Nike and am much better off. I think the way to go was to wait a few tiers and obtain a more user friendly 3 wood. Eventually hybrids become redundant.

But as you say, it's moot.

ct

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 11:11 AM

Hey CT,

I had the same problem with the BB and did the same thing.  A missed ding with the BB ALWAYS took you to the woodshed.  Reward wasn't worth the risk anymore.

phred952

• callaghan159
    6,224 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 3:24 PM

As far as the free credits for video watching I have been getting 400-500 credits a day for months. No trickle here.

Brian 

• webbjoseph
    937 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 5:17 PM

Hey guys, can some one explan to me what it will do to your shot when compressing your meter, been playing for a while now and i have seen the lines move the longer you hold your shot but never new what it was use for. thanks Joe

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 5:55 AM

callaghan159:

As far as the free credits for video watching I have been getting 400-500 credits a day for months. No trickle here.

Brian 

What's your secret? I used to get that. But now if I get 50-100 I'm lucky. I constantly get the message "SORRY.  No video offers are currently available. Please try again later."

Some times of day seem better than others, but now that WGT is so popular it's not often. 

I think I wasted my money on the Adams hybrid. I leveled up and got another 3w to try out. It had the same compressed lines of the Vapor, but feels like it doesn't go way off if I can hit between the lines. Shots seem more forgiving in where they go as opposed to computer generated 'forgiveness', if that makes sense. 

Nowi have to save my credits again to upgrade my wedges at L74. I used to curse people with nice clubs, and now I have them. That TM M1 driver now keeps me even with better players with 20 yard shorter drives. 

RSS