Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs The Georgian

Wed, Jun 15 2016 11:45 PM (42 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 1:14 PM

Bubbs wins 3 UP v Beejay

Great game Bri mate, i had to get close with those irons as i had a feeling my putter was cold lol.

It warmed up in the end but you gave me a right scare coming back at me 0n 14 and 15, but my birdy on 17 and you finding that heavy stuff was enough for the win.

Great company and pleasure to play you

Cheers

Bubbs

• stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 2:47 PM

played with mike - got heavy beating (lost 5 down). i will hide in my bed for the next few days :) congrats to you. very very nice guy and fun to play with.

ps.: i learned a lot: i will put my putter right besides me in my bed. it will pay off :)

stefan

• Mike9950
    51 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 3:52 PM

Played tincupou812 (julie)

Had a great game and laugh.

we didnt play our best golf, Julie played after a 30hr shift at 1am, and 5am for me 

so blurry eyed we got it competed with mike9950 the winner 2 up

great player and great company looking forward to more games with Julie

• adamnot
    1,810 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 5:20 PM

I just won against Didanz very nice guy who was very unlucky . I had 2 eagles early and we traded birdies throughout but chasing is always tough and my luck prevailed. Thank you again George and all the very best mate.

Neale

• TazzyMcIlrory
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2016 6:13 AM

Played lkenmare last night and was 5 up, with 5 left but think there was a disconnection, so reporting the match as 5 up win.

Taz

• tincupou812
    370 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2016 9:22 PM

mike  ty great fun i had playing with you!!!!!!!,,,,,see you soon!!!!!!!!,,your friend  JULIA

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 6:14 AM

Phenomenal game against my new mate from down under. 

I played well on the F9 leading by 2. Z never let up and squared the match on the 14th. I thought I had him on the 15th hitting my shot 4ft from the flag and him being in the deep rough.... he held the shot. Eventually we went to extra holes. Again he held a tricky 10ft putt on the 19th to extend the match. On the 20th he held out for eagle and my putt lipped out. 

Was such a close game. Well done mate.

The match, just like all the matches between these two great clubs, was played in a great spirit. Hope to play again soon.

• 4zerome
    433 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2016 7:02 AM

Great game Nico.

Nico was extremely unlucky, I was watching his putt on the 20th hole from behind and it looked in all the way. 

We both had trouble with wgt during the match, but Nico's putting was better the front 9. Mine improved when I told my mum to stop putting for me. Kidding, I was to timid with a couple of putts. (and my mum is not with us in the physical)

To come back was not easy, Nico stayed solid, and I am sure wgt was on my side. On 17 (par 3) we played straight into a 12-14 head wind, I put my ball straight over the back, Nico put his shot 2ft from the pin. From a 40-50%lie, I chipped in, not something we see ever day. Wgt on my side? Great game Nico, thank you so much for competition and your person.

PS: I'm watching a tribute night to Ali. Currently, Ali and Holmes fight is on. I remember watching it when it was on. I was 15 and I had my first sub par round in competition. It was also raining hard, I was wet and cold, and my father bought me a scotch to warmup, first and only drink I ever had with him. Erealevant to others really, but, special moment to me. 

• stizzle1988
    1,015 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2016 2:22 AM

COngrats nico & team sel :) well played all & good luck for further battles :)

• Nicozandberg
    721 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2016 2:51 PM

From SEL & Myself Id like to thank Adamnot (Neale) for his help in organising this event. Was a true pleasure working with you. Always

Also thank you to every Georgian player for making this a very enjoyable match. Even though we won by quite a margin, all games were played in the right spirit. We made some new friends along the way and had some great laughs.

Also to my team, thank you for all your efforts. Doing this job for such an appreciative and easy accessible bunch is always a pleasure.

Hopefully we can do this again soon.

Cheers

NicoZandberg

**PS Any Country Club willing to take us on can contact me to arrange a similar tournament.

RSS