Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links vs The Georgian

Wed, Jun 15 2016 11:45 PM (42 replies)
  • ttuna1234
    526 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2016 12:04 PM

subsignal over ttuna1234  5&3

Good fun despite the outcome. Klaus went up 2 quickly, but I managed to pull AS on #8. That was the highlight for me. He birdied 6 out of the next 7 holes--his birdie putt on #14 lipped out. I'm pretty sure Klaus translates from German as Birdie Man. Great guy and golfer. Very well done, Klaus.

Tommy

• mrwalleyz
    792 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2016 12:50 PM

In a very close match with Poppagolf....mrwalleyz squeezed by, winning 1 up.

Poppagolf is a great player , great guy and enjoyed the match.

Thanks for the great sportsmanship.

Mark

• subsignal
    34 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2016 2:44 PM

Would thanks Tommy for this enjoyable game.

He is a true gent and i liked it to play with him.

We had a good conversation and many laughs.

If you have a good company then it doesn't matter if you win or lose.

That's the spirit of the game.

Hope to see you on court again Tommy and take care my friend

cheers Klaus

• Billd1994
    18 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2016 6:36 PM

Great match with MHaggstrom tonight..

Mark was a great guy to play with and we had some laughs along the way.

He scared the by god right out of me on the first with an eagle, but struggled for most of the match. I was lucky to catch him on a bad night and won the match 5 up after 15.

Look forward to playing him again in the future.

• MHaggstrom
    363 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2016 7:51 PM

Lost my match tonight against Billd1994. Only made it 15 holes, neither of us played our best game, but his approach shots were much better than mine. We had some laughs and I'm glad to have him as a friend

• adamnot
    1,810 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 5:51 AM

I just received the biggest pasting of my life I had 5 birdies (I think) matches the 5/4 flogging I got from Ian  (he had an advantage though he wanted to hit the pub).  Great guy and I never thought a flogging like that could be as much fun he was so good to watch.

Neale 

• Whiskeybreathe
    2,275 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 12:06 PM

Chris , Thanks for the kind words.

I did have a glimmer of hope  with Chris's drive on 17 landing in the rough, above the hole ,near the bunker, and mine sitting 12 feet below the hole...  Chris  just made it look easy draining that sucker .... AWESOME SHOT !

I'll take a loss anytime to gain a friend like Chris.

See you all at the banquet  ;-) ,  Jeff

• extremepro
    340 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2016 8:16 PM

Had a crazy up and down match with GArydarby3022, I went 1 up then he had me 3 down. I came back to be 1 up going into 18 and put my tee shot in the rough.  We went AS and hit overtime and I snatched victory with birdie on 1st extra hole.  Was a great fun match and Gary will stay on my friends list great guy.

Jim

• Borat74
    2,791 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 1:33 PM

Just finished my game with John and i was on fire,John had no luck with the putter,enjoyed the round,Thanks John,Borat74 wins 8&7

• Beejay74
    895 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 1:04 PM

Beaten by Bubbsboy 3&1, cheers for game Bubbs, top bloke and great banter all way through, you were the more consistent on the day, well played.

RSS