Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual US Open

Sun, Jul 3 2016 7:42 PM (65 replies)
  • greatwhitedale
    305 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 12:13 AM

what a waste of time, the rich get richer, players shooting unrealistic scores with already a million credits keep winning more n more, they could  play this game till there 90 and not need any more credits, so why bother, and current score in  open at oakmont is 51..... REALLY !!!       PFFFFFFFF  super program this dudes got, 15 birdies and 3 eagles, yeah yeah, we all believe ya............. NOT!   considering   alot of 6 footers on the green have 10 ft break, lol yeah 51, yeah yeah, BULLS H IT.

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 1:42 AM

greatwhitedale:

what a waste of time, the rich get richer, players shooting unrealistic scores with already a million credits keep winning more n more, they could  play this game till there 90 and not need any more credits, so why bother, and current score in  open at oakmont is 51..... REALLY !!!       PFFFFFFFF  super program this dudes got, 15 birdies and 3 eagles, yeah yeah, we all believe ya............. NOT!   considering   alot of 6 footers on the green have 10 ft break, lol yeah 51, yeah yeah, BULLS H IT.

Let's see 15 birdies and 3 eagles would be -21.  So on  par 70 Oakmont that would be 49.  Nice to see that you can count ;)  More than likely he had 17 birdies and 1 eagle.  In case you didn't know which seems obvious you didn't Poldi has won the last 2 U.S. Opens here on WGT.  

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 5:14 AM

WGT, I was given the 2016 female avatar for playing.

Can I get the male version please as I am not planning on having the operation anytime soon.

Also, no sign of the Lexus ball awarded for playing.

Edit: I see the Lexus ball now. I actually had 2 others, but since they are so bad I will never use them.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 5:15 AM

greatwhitedale:

a tip for you, stop whining and play better.

Also, work on your math. The round you described of 15 birds and 3 eagles is a 49, not a 51

• poldimaier
    2,346 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 9:04 AM

MrQueez:
    Let's see 15 birdies and 3 eagles would be -21.  So on  par 70 Oakmont that would be 49.  Nice to see that you can count ;)  More than likely he had 17 birdies and 1 eagle.

Addition isn´t everyone´s cup of tea ,-))

I played eagles on 4 and 17 and missed a 5,6 ft putt for birdie on 9th. I guess with these pins there will be more 51s and maybe one or two 50s. Actually it was my very first attempt and i just wanted to check the pins, tees and conditions.......very relaxed playing - enjoyed it.

Good luck all!

• Young46
    1,294 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 9:21 AM

greatwhitedale:

Yeah he must be cheating ... it simply can't be that he has been playing this game for many years and has spent countless hours practicing and learning this game inside and out!

My suggestion, spend more time practicing instead of trying to call other people out mate. If you don't want to practice and just want to play casually, that's great, more power to you ... but don't blast people just because they can shoot a low score.

P.S. Check out Poldi's YouTube channel if you'd like to see some of the rounds he has posted.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmp1joYE-ySUGNRzoyquKQQ

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 11:34 AM

Can't say I'm surprised by the low scoring right away. The course isn't new like it usually is for the Qualifier.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 4:47 PM

greatwhitedale:

Yes, the scores are unrealistic.. but I'm tired of the 'cheater' comments.  There are people who cheat with multiple accounts, etc., but it has yet to be proven that there's a program out there that shoots 51 for you.  I'm 55 years old with a very average PC, and even I have nights where everything is working and I'm hitting the 'ding' 3 out of 4 shots.  My problem is that I suck at putting... but even then I have the odd night where everything goes in.  I can absolutely see where people who play a lot, take course notes (I never have) and have a little luck can these scores.  As I mentioned before, there are some crap pins on this course- you just have to play to the right side of the hole.  Scores will be ridiculous for this qualifier.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 5:35 PM

Now I am determined to beat this course...  I mistakenly bought $50 worth of credits and the RG's are garbage, so there's this.  Birdies on the first 4 holes and I get to the cupcake par 4 5th.  Dead downwind, I hit a 3 wood just a hair before the ding, and dontcha know, it's dead left in the garbage.  Suck it WGT..   The only cheaters in this game are the people who run it...lol

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 7:19 PM

After 3 hours I'm remembering why I avoid this course... the greens are a clusterfk... Anyone else notice that any ball that lands 2 feet short of the hole comes back 5-6 feet, and anything that lands 2 feet past the hole keeps going?  Doesn't matter if it's a sand wedge or a 3 wood.  Nothing goes towards the hole.  

-Don't think about putting it anywhere but the front bunker on #9.  Three times I've hit it inside 15 feet (pin high left and pin high right) and have these ridiculous putts that have no chance of stopping within 15  feet of the hole.  That pin is a joke.

-Don't do anything stupid like birdieing the first 5 holes.  I've done this 4 times and the alarms go off at WGT central and the butfking begins.  Miss the ding by a hair and it's a shank.  Although this has been going on for as long as I've been here. 

RSS