skip nav

Forums

Average required for Tour Champion

Sun, Oct 6 2019 3:01 PM by JimbeauC. 89 replies.
  • pdb1 United States
    20,091 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 9:36 AM

They blame it on the algorithms . And other secret patented calculations and arbitrary factors as to why they specifically do not divulge a real criteria . 

But the player calculated charts are spot on . And accurate enough to base every Tier factor on . 

One can also rest assured that there is no specific criteria related to the level of Champion Tier . Not in the way of ranked rounds , averages anyway . At least not yet . 

• pdb1 United States
    20,091 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 10:20 AM

whodafuxdatguy:

These requirements are incorrect as I advanced from master to tour master in 1 month. I only played 1 18 hole ranked round by myself. Shot a 63. Then played PvP matches and obtained tour master status after beating an amateur for an 18k game

Which many people do not know . Is the Secret Super Bonus . That is available to players to utilize . 

In every tier . Through the level of Tour Master . And stopping there at Legend Tier . 

There is a very beneficial reason to play Match Play rounds . And is the only way that they an be played so that a Match Play round will count toward ones average . Other than this . Match Play rounds are not ranked and do not count for anything . Not even stats .

This method would be simply . That any tier player can invite challenge and play in a scored match play match  . A tier higher than their own . Must be higher to count . 

When the lower tier beats the higher tier . There is an automatic Super Bonus of up to 2 or 3 points and as low as .05 I think . Depending on the tier difference and margin of the win . That will automatically and immediately subtract from the lower tiers average . A substantial drop . That would have normally taken as much as 50 to 100 stroke play rounds to achieve . 

It is the fastest way to tier up in WGT . Many people utilize this . A player can easily tier up to fast for their own good . 

A female friend of mine just used that method a few months ago . Just as she was telling me that she wishes that she had gone slower so her equipment would match her tier . WGT felt that she had advanced too fast and disabled her . At least that is what she and i concluded . As she said there had been no correspondence . 

But most wouldn't have to worry about that . In am sure the guys she played . Let her win most of them . Causing her to tier up faster than her Level . 

I used it quite a bit . Didn't hurt me .Played another 4000 RR's . Though . lol . 

Which brings up an argument that I have had . 3 different times with 3 different Champions lately . Playing in rounds together . 

Because I ask them how they are at Champion Tier with 1200 , 1500 ranked rounds . They say . All you have to do is score a -4 and you will be a Champion in no time . And i say . Not in WGT . I get -4's everyday all day long and my average has only moved ,05 in 17 months . I definitely need - 6's to move mine . 

I don't know what the real answer for them was . I never get it . But something is up . Because I am obviously way better than they are . I win handily . And i can't putt . But neither can they or drive . 

I just don't get it . 

Because these guys aren't good enough to get -6's on a consistent basis . If ever . 

• 7thwave Netherlands
    556 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 8:02 AM

My avg. just went 58.99.....It was saturated. No tier promotion in sight...sigh......

• Robert1893 United States
    5,153 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 9:23 AM

• pdb1 United States
    20,091 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 10:05 AM

7thwave:

My avg. just went 58.99.....It was saturated. No tier promotion in sight...sigh......

It will change. Just be patient.

• alosso Germany
    19,452 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:14 AM

7thwave:

How do you know that it was saturated?

• 7thwave Netherlands
    556 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 11:04 AM

Even a brilliant player like myself playes a bad round here and there...and the average didn't suffer...I'm kiddin ofcourse..i never play a bad round...Sometimes WGT cheats me into a bad score.

• MainzMan Germany
    9,564 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 11:17 AM

7thwave:

Even a brilliant player like myself playes a bad round here and there...and the average didn't suffer...I'm kiddin ofcourse..i never play a bad round...Sometimes WGT cheats me into a bad score.

Oh my giddy aunt, when did you return to the dark side?

It's been a long time, welcome back.

• booobooo0 United States
    34 Posts
    Sun, Aug 13 2017 1:17 PM

lmao   my Ave below 53 and over 4000 ranked rounds i was trying for tour champ til i seen wgt post that its not possible to get tour champion... 

• DrShelby Australia
    23 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 4:37 AM
    Reading through all the averages talk, i'd be curious to know why i haven't been granted Champion status yet with an average of 54.99, dunno if this is due to the fact i got it before the champ & tour champ tiers were integrated into the game, i do remember emailing support about 6 or so months ago when i came back to the game but got no answer, maybe an admin can see this and help a brother out. Cheers :)
RSS