Forums

Help › Forums

Grande Oaks v. Aphrodite....

Thu, May 19 2016 5:31 AM (113 replies)
  • Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 3:35 PM

well i guess its only fitting that this contest will come down to one match .... quite a battle for sure and in my opinion both teams have been the winners

i feel a bit sorry for the two players in that final match....too much weight to carry....but as i said, i believe there cannot be a loser in this competition

thanks Grande Oaks for the games...enjoyed   :)

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 4:12 PM

Beryman:

i believe there cannot be a loser in this competition.

I agree.  While we seldom agree to a rematch, I think we should play again in the near future. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 4:32 PM

IRISHPUNK:
     While we seldom agree to a rematch, I think we should play again in the near future. 

Waiting patiently for a change in this posture.

Just sayin'.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 5:08 PM

YankeeJim:

IRISHPUNK:
     While we seldom agree to a rematch, I think we should play again in the near future. 

Waiting patiently for a change in this posture.

Just sayin'.

Yeah, yeah.  We're aware of that, Jim.   We take everything to the forum and allow every member a say.  So that choice was made by the entire club and not just a few people.  I mean, we had Bridgestone and a few other clubs wanting to end our streak, ya know?  And Cosa is dangerous.  I'm not going to lie.  That played a part in my vote.  We'd defeated Coas and had nothing to gain in a rematch. Only things to lose.  Having said that,  I give you my word that I'll advocate for a rematch with Cosa.  You've been nothing but nice to me each time we've played so I can't tell you "no."

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 5:52 PM

IRISHPUNK:

Beryman:

i believe there cannot be a loser in this competition.

I agree.  While we seldom agree to a rematch, I think we should play again in the near future. 

certainly sounds like a deal  :)

• topace35
    230 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 6:41 PM

Hello to all of those in both Aphrodite and Grande Oaks. I'm so proud and honored to speak about both clubs the way I'm going to do so. This has been a knock em sock em hit em kick em balls to the wall roller coaster of a time. We all have given each and every last thing we could have and I know nothing has been left in the tank or on the table. There are NO LOSERS in either club. Everyone and I do mean EVERY ONE who PARTICIPATED in this club vs club match is a WINNER. I'd like to thank both Owners and all of the players who allowed and made this event so rewarding, fun, exciting, special. A lot of hard work must have had to have been done and for all of that I thank you and salute you all. All I can say personally about my match up with your player Kurt he threw everything at me and then some. All of you should be proud and honored to have him because he never once gave in or did he make one mistake the entire match. If it weren't for some incredible and unbelievable golf universe glory and grace our match could have and probably would have been different. He showed such grit, determination, class, grace the whole time. I look at this very differently now I feel like Aphrodite and Grande Oaks are one as compliments to one another and WGT. Good luck to all of you guys in Aphrodite and please feel free to send me or anyone else an invite in Grande Oaks. I look forward to getting to know more and more of you as the time goes by. All the best Ace...

GO APHRODITE AND GRANDE OAKS!!! YOU ARE BOTH TRUE CHAMPIONS AND WHETHER YOU WIN, LOSE WE ALL HAVE DONE IT AND WILL DO SO WITH GRACE.

• 6tee9
    849 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 7:03 PM

Cheers!

• 6tee9
    849 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2016 9:06 PM

Great Match Grande Oaks and Aphrodite! 

Awesome with Thor! , heart rate definitely up!!

Thank you Thor, (TJwilliamsjr) for a  nail biting game! :)   It could have gone either way. I got some help from WGT tonight. You guys have an awesome club!  Enjoyed the experience and banter. 

You will enjoy these:

Hope to do it again sometime:)

rick

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 3:47 AM

IRISHPUNK:

I'm told that the final match will be played tonight.  What a roller coaster the past 2 weeks have been.

I'd like to thank Priestless, Berryman and Aphrodite for all of the kind remarks made here and in the matches.   You all are champions.  

What a fantastic event showing the competitive nature of both clubs:)  Everyone is a winner in my book!!!!  And wow what a  tough bunch these Oaks are:)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 4:35 AM

RSS