Forums

Help › Forums

Why I consider to leave WGT after 5 1/2 years...

Mon, Apr 18 2016 4:35 PM (66 replies)
  • KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 6:08 PM

This game was fun. Excellent courses, very nice transition into "virtual".

As a real golfer with hcp 13,  I played St.Andy (90 bucks) and Pebbles ( 465 bucks) for real.

Finally, after all I did, and i played and paid a lot, I feel no response. Seems Top Golf heading for the software, not for the players. Game, esp. in multi-player games, is full of "glitches". Game is corrupted, and i have 7 browsers, a very fast Mac on earth, and 100 M/bit lan. Please, never ever tell me, it is me, it's just You, cowards on an 8 year old "beta" , built in Flash, Adobe stopped supporting in 2011.

You could have been outstanding, but U decided for the "dark side". 

(edited 16th of April).

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 6:45 PM

• AlaskanDame
    19,000 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 8:38 PM

You have to "unequip" the stuff you want to sell from ALL versions of ALL bags, "saving" each new bag of stuff each time.  Then you should be able to sell (and, I assume will give the credits to someone else?).

Good luck -- there really is life after wgt.

AKD (recently joined the "up yours WGT" CC)

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 9:13 PM

"Cry Me A River" - 1953, Arthur Hamilton.

A very classy flounce - not ! LMAO

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 12:31 AM

U'll be sorely missed.

Byeeeee

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 1:10 AM

oneeyedjohn:

U'll be sorely missed.

Byeeeee

To paraphrase

Doorknob>>>a ss>>>hope it doesn't stick on the way out (thanks Baggs) 

BTW - see you tomorrow after the alcohol has worn off.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 3:54 AM

KYLANDER:
    taking You to court, tomorrow...

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 4:47 AM

The OP is obviously quite angry, but I can't determine from his post why he is angry?

He has been here a long time...is a low average Champion tier, so he has thrived in spite of the numerous wgt glitches.

Why now?..what has changed?

...interesting

ct

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 4:57 AM

This is the complaint:

KYLANDER:
    Game, esp. in multi-player games, is full of "glitches". Game is corrupted
    plus, "no response".

I know that they play a lot of MP in his CC, and this must have gone from PITA to DEEP PITA over time. Here's his final appearance, apparently.

Hab eine gute Zeit, Kay!

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 5:21 AM

CT, here it is why:

• nearly every 4some game (alternate f.e.) will not finish, because people unable to relog

• if U play 18 holes single, u will have at least 2 times when meter runs through, taking ur ball to the right, in water or deep ***. U will lose 4 strokes at least, and at least one ball.

• I wrote several times to WGT on that issue in the last 6 weeks - guess what? Right, no answer. If I would handle my clients like WGT does, I would be out of business...

• this game is built in "Flash", a software Steve Jobs refused to have on ipads and iphones, because it is full of "bugs". Adobe, the publisher, stopped developing "Flash" officially in 2011, 5 years ago...

• I have sustainable knowledge of IT technologies. I played this game in LAN-mode (ethernet direct), not WLAN, with a wired mouse (not a wireless one), using 7 different browsers, including flash friendly ones like Stainless or Maxthon, clearing browser history and caches after each game. 

• within the top 200 ranked, i know my skills and my own failures. Have made 665 "friends" here, and people describe me as friendly, warm-hearted and encouraging. I play alternate with master level folks, encouraging them and giving them hints on green speed or club selection, if they want.

• WGT does not take care of game performance. The old owners were focussing on gadgets and silly add-ons like sounds, developing power was mainly focussed on mobile platforms (tablets). The new owners do not care at all, they just want to transit the software to their Top Golf fun parks.

• many, many players left in the last 2 months without notice, being fed up with the way WGT handles issues. The only "answer" of WGT is more promotions, more clash games, more discount if U buy credits, and so on.

• if it would be my company, I would listen to my customers. Work hard on game experience, getting rid of "fancies", getting back to the state of solid, which was around 18 months ago (when everything was fine, game was nearly bug free). But they don't care...

Why shall I? This game is no longer based on skill, but on luck, when and how the "glitches" happen... I lost many games due to glitches recently, and nearly never could finish an alternate game, which takes a lot of time and then is just a waist of time...

Truly disappointed of a leisure experience, which was great for many years, but now it is only a "joke", and a real bad one...

Cheers, Kylander

RSS