Help › Forums

IM Boycotting EA Sports

Wed, Mar 23 2011 8:27 AM (41 replies)
  • TylerDurdenJr
    100 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 4:49 PM

danohi50:

Thanks Tyler!

Your welcome.. and again I apologize for coming off as abrasive. I've had this argument many times before. I've been playing EA games since I can remember. Granted none of their games offer the visual quality of WGT.. they're still fun to play.

Yet there is no doubt that WGT is far superior to TWO in every way... and especially as  the founder mentioned... a golf game shouldn't be built around ONE particular athlete. Couldn't agree more with this statement.

Obviously the founders of WGT knew that had something good going here and had the finances to back it.. so at some point and time they allied with EA sports to create it. It's apparently worked out well for them as this game is a HUGE success.

That doesn't necessarily mean that WGT and EA are affiliated.. and as far as having "rights" to courses I would think most courses would prefer to affiliate with WGT.. yet the high def development takes much longer as WGT actually photos the courses as were EA (TWO) scales them.

In the long run.. it's quality over quantity.. and that's a battle that WGT will indubitably win.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:37 AM

I just hope EA sports and WGT realize that there is room for both companies too succeed. Going to financial war with EA leaves no money for further development of courses. And that would be a bummer for all of us.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 12:35 PM

I see now where Pebble has been greyed out..the game is afoot.

• TylerDurdenJr
    100 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 12:43 PM

Seems like it's turning into a Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates battle.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 1:00 PM

Is there actual litigation going on? If so I can't seem to find any sources about this on the Internet. Court papers would probably be publicly available.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 3:14 PM

TRy CNN..if you have noticed all ccth courses that are not usga or R&A,  are now shut down and no news from WGT.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:06 PM

Well, it only seems to be Pebble Beach that is blocked. Remember that it has been the site for USGA events but also hosts a PGA event....

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:16 PM

And now pebbles up again   WTF  lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:28 PM

Might have been a maintenance thing or something. Then again, maybe they need some of those pictures for the stroke version.  :-D

• RUSAVED
    1,090 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 9:07 PM

With all the cameras you see on Pebble, I'm sure it's the next stroke play course.

RSS