Forums

Help › Forums

Need help! What is the best browser?

Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:29 PM (23 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 3:37 PM

Just 'clocked this too, on re-reading my olde drivel...

ScottHope:
    There is a way to permanently get rid of that taskbar icon Andy, I can run through it with you if you like, but you have to pay close attention.  : )

Are you takin d piss or what ?...WHENEVER did you know me to be a novice at these new fangled doofers ?

NOT like I was ever scared to click on updating adobe reader, incase it fooked up my Flash version..eh YJ ;-))

ScottHope:

Go to Windows Control Panel / Programs / Programs and Features.

In the left pane, click on View installed updates.

You will need to locate and uninstall Update for Windows (KB3035583).

anyway..did all that and scrolled through..haven't got that #, many close...

ScottHope:
    If your computer is set to automatically download and install updates, this will keep coming back. So I would suggest that you change your Windows update settings to check for updates but not download or install them, that way you can check to see if this update is in the updates available list, then you can untick it when you install any other updates.

Computer is set to alert me of downloads / upgrades etc, but don't do anything, till I tell it to !!   ;-)

Don't know if that makes a difference ?

Andy

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 3:46 PM

Ah.....guess I got that wrong then.  : (

...and....no, it doesn't.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2016 4:00 PM

ScottHope:
    Ah.....guess I got that wrong then.

as u know....on the money..;)

ScottHope:
    ...and....no, it doesn't.

have to live with the annoying little barsterward then ;(

• enderson
    40 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:29 PM

I recently got a new comp with windows 10, 32g RAM and i7 processor. Internet is fiber. Tried every browser I could think of to resolve meter issues. Initially the most stable ended up being Comodo Dragon. Maxathon in retro or other settings was manageable but not great.

Then I tried Vivaldi from the creators of Opera. Ridiculous meter like butter and consistently stable. Better than anything I had prior to windows 10. Hope this helps someone, only one I found and I've tried just about everything:

https://vivaldi.com

RSS