Forums

Help › Forums

Need help! What is the best browser?

Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:29 PM (23 replies)
  • BCMTexas
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2016 7:06 PM

So Internet Explorer will just lock up or close on its own, but the meter bar is very smooth. Cant finish a game.

Google Chrome works great, but the meter bar is very jerky. Cant hit accurate shots.

Tried cleaning the browser history, temp internet files, and cleared the flash player storage.

Any other suggestions on fixing one of the above or any suggestions on downloading another browser.

Thanks in advance.

BCMTexas

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 8:52 AM

Take your pick  What works for others may not for you.  Try until you find one best for you.

SRWare Iron, Opera 12.17, waterfox work good for me,  Download to your hearts content.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 9:47 AM

garyk49:
    SRWare Iron

That's definitely an oldie but a good go-to browser when you're stuck. I haven't used it in a very long time but it was always the one I went back to whenever I had issues in the other browsers.

It's from 2012 and they bill it "as the browser of the future" on the site. LOL, how'd that work out. I use Comodo Dragon now but SRWare Iron was the one for me for a long time. :-)

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 10:01 AM

I've been using Waterfox for quite some time, and for me, it's the most stable and smooth browser I've found to date for this game.  It's worth a try for you, but remember, as GaryK49 said, what works for me may not work for you.  Good luck!

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 10:26 AM

Google search " Top browsers for 2016 and take your pick . You can also use C/NET to search for browsers as well . I use Maxthon Cloud 4.9 browser which many players use . It comes with flash attached and it has 2 versions built together as well . Hope this helps . :-)

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 10:33 AM

BCMTexas:

So Internet Explorer will just lock up or close on its own, but the meter bar is very smooth. Cant finish a game.

Google Chrome works great, but the meter bar is very jerky. Cant hit accurate shots.

Tried cleaning the browser history, temp internet files, and cleared the flash player storage.

Any other suggestions on fixing one of the above or any suggestions on downloading another browser.

Thanks in advance.

BCMTexas

I have no problems with maxthon cloud

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 10:47 AM

Me either. I've been using Maxthon for months now. I've tried Opera as well, and that seems to work smoothly as well.

I have noticed a funny thing trying different browsers. Using Opera, the meter seems faster than it does on Maxthon. Anybody else noticed different meter speeds with different browsers, or am I just imagining things?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 10:57 AM

I've been a Maxthon 3 fan for years, since TBE posted about it here in fact.  Ah, it's sad to see some of the big names of old have abandoned the game.

Anyway, back on topic.  I've always had a very good meter with Maxthon, right up to the time I upgraded to Windows 10.  Since then it's very hit and miss, one shot the meter is smooth as butter, the very next shot it's like a dead pig falling down an escalator.

Anyone else seen this and found a solution?

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 11:08 AM

K7JBQ:

I have noticed a funny thing trying different browsers. Using Opera, the meter seems faster than it does on Maxthon. Anybody else noticed different meter speeds with different browsers, or am I just imagining things?

I think, only my opinion anyway.  It may have something to do with how it processes Flash. Same as to why some seem smoother then others.  Combination of a number of things.  What versions of browser, Flash version with that browser version.  Also include in that mix your computer. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 12:09 PM

MainzMan:
    I've been a Maxthon 3 fan for years,

ditto

MainzMan:
    I've always had a very good meter with Maxthon, right up to the time I upgraded to Windows 10.

Not upgraded Maxthon / flash or windows 7...for 2 years +..

If it ain't broke....etc  ;-)

Andy ( smooth as still.....one meter lock in a month and I'm surprised !! )

RSS