Forums

Help › Forums

MATCHPLAY COMP

Fri, Jul 1 2016 7:49 AM (718 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,196 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 7:00 AM

Superb effort to Paul in putting this marvelous competition together, All the work that goes into it not to mention the time...

Best of luck in the final to the two V`s....

It was a pleasure to be involved even if only for only game grrr.

Bravo Paul...!!

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 7:59 AM

The best competition ever organised on WGT congrats to all that took part, hats off to the winner and a bronze statue of Finney as a memento.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 7:59 AM

Well it was a good game at a championship course. As someone said, best way to putt on Merion is by not putting at all and I could follow it somewhat as my wedge game was on point.

I started out poorly with a missed 4ft on #1 while Gavin started out hot with an excellent downhill birdie on #1 followed by 2nd shot to 4 ft on the par 5 2nd. We halved #2 in birdies.The game was level after a 3 putt from Gavin on #3. I took #4 with a birdie before getting some luck in pitching in for birdie on 5.I drove in in rough on 6 and chopped out to front of green on #6 before another hole out birdie. 7 was halved with birdies. I drove in the rough on #8 and lost the hole. We halved 9-14 before I birdied 15 and 16 to take the game.

Thanks Gavin for a good match, was hard work on the greens with some defensive lag  putts from inside 10 ft for both of us. Congrats for making your way to the final against some excellent players.

Finally for the real champion of the tournament, Paul, thanks and well done for all your work. It was a great tournament and I'm honoured to have been part of it. Quite incredible that you managed to get all the 127 games played mate. Superb effort.

Looking forward to more of your tourneys mate, thanks and cheers.

• 19cltc67
    3,296 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2016 5:11 PM

wd on winnin the final......

glad i was involved and got as far as i did lol

lookin forward to your next set up

cheers

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2016 12:30 AM

Its been a long hard road but we have finally got there,

I posted this over 3 months ago and thought i would only get 32 or maybe 64 players

Involved but was really pleased that  128 people do actually want to make new friends and have a great time just playing golf and having a chat,

I am a lover of matchplay and over 18 holes it doesn’t get boring even when you are a couple of holes behind you still have a chance  especially if you a couple of holes in the bag lol.

The handicap system worked perfectly as the finalists can tell,who would have thought   out of all the tour legends and champs that entered two legends battled through to the final,

Ive enjoyed organising this comp and will be doing another one soon,perhaps a stableford handicap comp that could be interesting.

Anyway enough of my babbling lol

Well done  vaibhav5viv and vamborools for getting to the final but there can only be one winner,

The handicap matchplay winner 2016

well done mate will be in touch to sort out the prize money but it would be nice if you take it off me in a match one to one no handicap lol

again thx all 

watch this space 

paul

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 1:59 AM

PAULFINN52:
    people do actually want to make new friends and have a great time just playing golf and having a chat,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what the comp delivered, so thanks for all your incredibly hard work. I certainly made new friends despite my short duration in the tournament. 

Thanks again Paul for taking the time and effort to pull this together and doing it so well.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 5:51 PM

Love your work Mr.Finn,  it's much appreciated mate.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 11:36 PM

alanti:

PAULFINN52:
    people do actually want to make new friends and have a great time just playing golf and having a chat,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what the comp delivered, so thanks for all your incredibly hard work. I certainly made new friends despite my short duration in the tournament. 

Thanks again Paul for taking the time and effort to pull this together and doing it so well.

Couldn't have said it any better, thanks. Congratulations to the winner!

Cheers 

Rich

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 7:49 AM

great comp Paul

superbly run and a lot of fun to be involved in,once you've recovered ihope you'll berunning another 1.

Vaibhav....brilliant win sir ,you cannot fluke a win in a comp like this,congratulations on being the winner

Mike

RSS